Sign in to follow this  
septa105R5/seClip9

CATA (Centre Area Transportation Authority); Discussion, Sightings, News, etc

Last Saturday 3/18/2017 while I was in transit to State College for a conference, manage to have extra time for a little transitfanning of CATA Bus's Buses in action. As usual because it was Saturday at the time, the New Flyer Xcelsior XN40 handled most of the routes; the other bus I saw at the time was the New Flyer C35LF used on lower ridership routes.

This time with great weather (no wind), I manage capture great sound of their buses without using the wind noise reduction feature. As a result, recording of their Cummins Westport ISL-G on the Xcelsior was successful compare to previous videos I've recorded before.

I was in State College yesterday for a tour, and decided to get some pictures and videos of CATA. The weather was bad, but I managed to see every model in the fleet (including the C35LF). I saw an El-Dorado CNG, but was unable to photograph it. And of course there were many C40LF and XN40 (including the 2014 models).

IMG_0315.JPG

Also here's my video with a C35LF at the end: 

IMG_0315.thumb.JPG.1a4678ccdb28cc9e1bfcec06f86f5565.JPG

• Like 3

On 3/20/2017 at 8:54 PM, MAX BRT said:

C35 is a rare bus! Thanks for sharing.

Yeah it is. And great to see CATA still has them though this bus will be 20 next year.

On 4/1/2017 at 0:21 PM, WMATAC40LF said:

I was in State College yesterday for a tour, and decided to get some pictures and videos of CATA. The weather was bad, but I managed to see every model in the fleet (including the C35LF). I saw an El-Dorado CNG, but was unable to photograph it. And of course there were many C40LF and XN40 (including the 2014 models).

IMG_0315.JPG

Also here's my video with a C35LF at the end: 

Nice.