Miami-Dade Transit Discussion

M.Wright

Well I did a search and there was no general discussion for Miami-Dade Transit, so I figured I'd start one.

Anyway to start this off, apparently the new "Orange Line" has started testing for June 28th and 29th. From what I read they will be in service from Dadeland South to Earlington Heights. From there it will go out of service since the Airport Station will not be open until July 28th.

More information here:

http://www.miamidade...3-languages.pdf

• 1 month later...

Rode the orange line, the new MIA airport station is nice!

Same old trains of course with Velcro'd 'orange line' and 'green line' signs on the middle front window of the train. Trains alternate on the line, green then orange then green,etc...

Also rode a Miami-Dade DE60(62)LFA on the 'S', nice bus.

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Now to add information for Miami's historical fleet. So far, Miami has five buses in it's historical fleet, though I have reason to believe there is or was more buses in the fleet.

647, a 1954 GM TDH-5106

1017, a 1980 GMC T8J-204

7080, a 1987 Flxible 40102-6C

5006, a 1995 Ikarus 436

There is another T8J-204 that is stored near the rail facility. The Old Look is going to need an engine rebuilt. 1017 was recently restored, now the Ikarus is being worked on.

Now to add information for Miami's historical fleet. So far, Miami has five buses in it's historical fleet, though I have reason to believe there is or was more buses in the fleet.

647, a 1954 GM TDH-5106

1017, a 1980 GMC T8J-204

5006, a 1995 Ikarus 436

There is another T8J-204 that is stored near the rail facility. The Old Look is going to need an engine rebuilt. 1017 was recently restored, now the Ikarus is being worked on.

Fairly good representation of MDT's fleet over the years (though a Fishbowl or New Look Flxible would've been nice also). I have no problem with no AM Generals being represented. :)

I wonder if they will add 9801 to the historic fleet eventually. That was the first low-floor bus at MDT. I think it is currently part of the reserve fleet. Oh yeah, 1998 NABI 40-LFW (040.02). It also has the distinction of being the only one of the 19 9800s that was actually built in 1998, all the others were built in 1999.

Fairly good representation of MDT's fleet over the years (though a Fishbowl or New Look Flxible would've been nice also). I have no problem with no AM Generals being represented. :)

I wonder if they will add 9801 to the historic fleet eventually. That was the first low-floor bus at MDT. I think it is currently part of the reserve fleet. Oh yeah, 1998 NABI 40-LFW (040.02). It also has the distinction of being the only one of the 19 9800s that was actually built in 1998, all the others were built in 1999.

I think they originally did have AM Generals for the fleet, but I don't know what went down with that. I read that 600 and 708 didn't retired in 1987, so who knows what happened. I can tell you that MDT did export AM Generals to other countries after they were retired. IDK if the Flxible New Looks went overseas too. As for 9801 and the NABIs, hopefully they do add one of those buses to the fleet.

• 3 weeks later...

647, a 1954 GM TDH-5106

1017, a 1980 GMC T8J-204

5006, a 1995 Ikarus 436

There is another T8J-204 that is stored near the rail facility. The Old Look is going to need an engine rebuilt. 1017 was recently restored, now the Ikarus is being worked on. can you fix Miami Dade Transit wiki page it is outdated in the Bus, Rail, Mover Sections

It is 5 gillig buses bulit in 2010 and 13 nabi buses built in 2009

MDT debt service is low they owe 25million dollars and they expect pay it off this year.And when CNG fuel come online they will be looking into NABI because there reliable and they proven themselves on the streets of Miami and Gillig with the state of Florida DOT contract they are the key players we might have for CNG buses

mid_MDAT_GILLIG-NABI_Compare.JPG

• Like 1

No thats the new redesign front, same as DART (Dallas) and NJT

Dallas DART has the Gen-III low floor version while NJT has the Gen-II standard floor model 416 bus.

Can't wait for ours to come (starting this summer, of course). :P

Edited by HoustonMETROFan

MDT is ordering 32 gillig Buses for it's Bus Replacement plan. As almost half of the buses will be old by the end of this year. CNG would only be equipped at one of the 3 Garages as the others would be converted to CNG later on

So Miami is getting more Gilligs for sure, that's going to be interesting. Will these Gilligs be CNG or Diesel?