RTC of Southern Nevada (Las Vegas)

DaveHarries

• 3 months later...

A few questions as I am building a section for CAT on my website.

Does anybody know what transmission the Alexander-Dennis Enviro 500 buses have? Some of them sounded like ZF while others like Voith.

What engine do the Irisbus Civis diesel electric hybrid use?

What transmission do the 2005 D60LF's have? Allison B500R5 or 6?

Were the D40's repowered with Series 50's if so, did they have the 6V92TA or Cummins L10? Also what transmission do these buses use?

What transmissions do the D40LF's use? They all seem to have the S50 for the engine.

Thank You!

• Board Admin

Rough translation from Cummins Diesel France, implying Cummins ISL:

"CUMMINS MOTORIZES the US CIVIS Of IRISBUS

Group IRISBUS chose the Cummins engine for the American market"

Cummins motorizes the US CIVIS of drunk irises group IRISBUS chose the Cummins engine for the American market. In 2003, 10 Civis will be brought into service in Las Vegas, first contract of Irisbus in the USA. This new system of light urban transport on exclusive right of way was quoted by Time Magazine like one of the best inventions of the year 2001, in particular for its system of optical guidance. In France, the towns of Rouen, Lyon, Clermont-Ferrand and Saint-Etienne already ordered these vehicles with engine-wheel in thermics-electric version or trolley. The engine ISL which equips US Civis delivers a power of 330 horses. The tests of validation took place last August in Las Vegas on the first Civis vehicle with the American specifications. Built in France, it will be useful for demonstrations, a "road-show" which already started with San Diego, CA. and which will continue in 2003. Cummins was selected for the quality of its engines, its world network of assistance and especially for the implication of its service Lyons "Engineering" which worked hand in the hand with Irisbus during all the "pilot" phase. The sales in France, and especially abroad develop very quickly and the network of 5 000 dealers and Cummins agents throughout the world makes it possible to the manufacturers to distribute their equipment in the whole world and always to profit from a fast assistance.

Source: http://www.cumminsdiesel.fr/news/news186.htm

B500R6s seem to be limited to coaches w/ DD Series 60.

Fleet roster number #402 apparently has:

The drivetrain is the DDEC Series 50 engine, coupled to an Allison B400R Transmission.<_<

Source:

Do you have the specs for the NABI buses?

A few questions as I am building a section for CAT on my website.

Does anybody know what transmission the Alexander-Dennis Enviro 500 buses have? Some of them sounded like ZF while others like Voith.

What transmission do the 2005 D60LF's have? Allison B500R5 or 6?

Were the D40's repowered with Series 50's if so, did they have the 6V92TA or Cummins L10? Also what transmission do these buses use?

What transmissions do the D40LF's use? They all seem to have the S50 for the engine.

Thank You!

Enviro 201-230 have Voith, 231-250 have ZF. Two of them have retired due to major accident including the recent one that crash into a big rig, killing the truck driver.

The 05 D60LF would most likely be B500R 5-speed.

Yes, the D40 were repowered to Series 50 in 2000-01. Was orginally 6V92TA.

D40LF would be using B400R.

Enviro 201-230 have Voith, 231-250 have ZF.

D40LF would be using B400R.

Thanks guys!

One thing though, The Enviro numbers are 200-249 are they not? I did get a photo of #200.

So would it be #200-229 have the Voith D864 and #230-249 have the 6 speed ZF?

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Looks awesome with the CAT gold livery and frameless windows, I really want to see the same thing in Canada (Re-style front with frameless windows)

Hybrid in Vegas

:P:P

Wow! :D It's a far cry from the CAT bus I was on when I went to Vegas, a high floor that had the purple and light blue livery on it, very dirty and broke down twice on my way to McCarran Airport. :blink:

Looks awesome with the CAT gold livery and frameless windows, I really want to see the same thing in Canada (Re-style front with frameless windows)

Hybrid in Vegas

:blink::D

WMATA C40LFR have it as well, except they have Luminator Spectrum sign.

There's cost to order those frameless window, esp. dealing with stocks of frameless window in case there broken.

But frameless window is easily to replace if the window was broken~~ :lol:;)

They aren't. If a bus with bonded glazing (to give it its proper name) has a broken window it can take up to 24 hrs to get it back on the road as the glue to bond the window has to set.

Also in some styles of bodywork the glazing is part of the overall structure of the vehicle therefore if certain windows are broken it can have an adverse effect on the structure, so the bus cannot be driven, and has to be towed back to the depot.

So athesically it is far nicer, but not as practical as conventional glazing.

• 4 months later...

Did you know these buses can also drive themselves?!

Aparently, the are sensors on the bus that look at the road for a special marking on the ashphalt. These markings are painted on the road around the stations, once the bus sees these markings it can take over steering control and "dock" at the station platform within 2" of the curb.

http://www.rtcsouthernnevada.com/max/flash/