armorand

Midland Transit Service

Jesus... Hopefully they don't buy that waste of money.

Lol..............

I was looking at the Eastway Orion VI loaner at Peterborough together with the ones at Cornwall, doesn't look like they did a good job on the bodywork especially some rust have already re-appeared back around the window............

well you get what you paid for at the end of the day...........maybe Midland should consider the $8000 a piece super deal used transit bus from London Transit? But then it's not refurbished.........

and i am surprised that MTB didn't submit an offer for their refurbished LFS...........maybe their LFS doesn't meet Midland's requirement? Interesting

Meant to post this a few days ago, in a report to Midland council, it appears the bus Eastway proposes to refurbish for Midland at $155,000 is a 30' 2002 Eldorado EZ-Rider. Interesting, given the many Orion VIs Eastway has. The only bus that comes close to matching that description (through my research) is the ex-demo that used to run in Timmins. I believe Eastway also has some ex-Timmins Classics so it's possible they picked that bus up too. Also of note, apparently they plan to tender for a second refurbished vehicle if all goes well.

PDF file took a long time to load and scroll through so for convenience I'm attaching screenshots of the report here:

midland%20transit%201.PNG

midland%20transit%202.PNG

03 February 2015
Penetanguishene moves closer to creating transit system
Town council votes to investigate link to neighbouring Midland

Midland Mirror
By Jenni Dunning

Penetanguishene council approved a recommendation Jan. 28 to support a transit program and investigate connecting it to Midland Transit.
[...]
The Town of Penetanguishene has included $195,000 in its 2015 budget to cover initial costs for a transit program. These include $160,000 for one refurbished bus, $10,000 for signs, posts and installation, and $25,000 for operating costs for the fourth quarter of 2015 the earliest transit could start running.
[...]
Based on a transit study and public input from last year, Penetanguishene council approved a plan that would link the two towns by Fuller Avenue and County Road 93.

Can anyone tell me roughly what Midland Transit's annual ridership is? I've tried finding it in Council reports, but with no luck.

The seats appear to be the version of the 6468 which was used in Timmins when their 1998-99 Eldorados and Orion VIs were delivered. The tint on the sign appears to hold a smaller sign too, so I think it could be ex-Timmins. Seems logical to me, Idk if anybody else knows if Eastway has any other Eldorados, I thought this was the only one.

The seats appear to be the version of the 6468 which was used in Timmins when their 1998-99 Eldorados and Orion VIs were delivered. The tint on the sign appears to hold a smaller sign too, so I think it could be ex-Timmins. Seems logical to me, Idk if anybody else knows if Eastway has any other Eldorados, I thought this was the only one.

any VIN on the bus that you can obtain and verify? Just wondering if the bus is already in service or not, thank you~~

any VIN on the bus that you can obtain and verify? Just wondering if the bus is already in service or not, thank you~~

to answer my own question again, the Midland Transit Eldorado #69's VIN # is confirmed to be 1N9FLAD431C084304, a 2001 Eldorado EZ rider II bus ex-CNG demo, which was later sold to Timmins Transit as #74. Please update the Wiki for that thank you

seems they are happy with the refurbished Eldorado that they have and want another one~~ and this will most likely replace the remaining International IC bus in the fleet.

Maybe they are planning on chopping it down as part of the refurbishment ... :wacko:

30ft Orion VI, good luck with that..................they rather go with another Eldorado instead.............

The tender for another refurbished bus was awarded to Eastway. They were the only ones to bid again at a price of $169,635.58. It will be another Eldorado bus.

http://www.midland.ca/Shared%20Documents/Council%20Agenda%20July%2027.pdf (page 101)

much more making sense than getting a "30ft Orion VI" as they intended to..........very curious to know the background of this second Eldorado bus this time, can it be one of the ex-Owen Sound unit?