New Flyer D40LF Retirement / Storage watch

Enviro 500

On 11/27/2021 at 1:39 PM, Millennium2002 said:

No... where I am it's usually too late to hop out of my chair and run to the front of the house to see what's passing by. I heard there was a S50 D40LF out for training duties though...

I guess I just want to ride one again... like the one from the Transit Museum society.

Guessing it wasn't an Orion... also, I'm not sure if Southridge Building Supplies still have a Freightliner FL106 truck. Those were also fitted with S50s and theirs used to run out of their former yard in Steveston (now a residential/retail building). I used to take the bus out of Steveston back then and hearing the truck would always trip me up.

• 5 weeks later...
16 hours ago, UprisingCanadian said:

Jeez the headlights are gone. Didnt think they could use a bus for parting out AND training at the same time

.....thats because it's done with training duty. They're just purging it for everything that still works and could be used to fix the other D40LFs

8 hours ago, popillil said:

.....thats because it's done with training duty. They're just purging it for everything that still works and could be used to fix the other D40LFs

Seems like standard procedure for any bus that's no longer considered feasible for use in service. I used to see Orions with a whole bunch of missing parts in the RTC dead tracks when I went to the neighbouring mall. I distinctly remember one with its doors open and an entire transmission just sitting there at the top of the steps.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Community Shuttle said:

Seems like standard procedure for any bus that's no longer considered feasible for use in service. I used to see Orions with a whole bunch of missing parts in the RTC dead tracks when I went to the neighbouring mall. I distinctly remember one with its doors open and an entire transmission just sitting there at the top of the steps.

I know. I was saying that 7322 isn't even worth keeping up right now, despite being in the training fleet, so they part it out for anything worth keeping.

11 hours ago, popillil said:

I know. I was saying that 7322 isn't even worth keeping up right now, despite being in the training fleet, so they part it out for anything worth keeping.

I remember they used to just send the entire bus to scrap, or at least after pulling some usable major components but not literally everything that can still be used. I know they're even removing the sign controllers from shuttles before sending them to auction

On 1/1/2022 at 3:04 AM, Community Shuttle said:

I remember they used to just send the entire bus to scrap, or at least after pulling some usable major components but not literally everything that can still be used. I know they're even removing the sign controllers from shuttles before sending them to auction

When you have a small fleet of old buses left, you need all the working parts you can get, new parts aren't cheap.

• 4 months later...
12 hours ago, KenrichYT said:

Training buses 7287, 7324 and 7346 are dead now

that's why the training units train new hires are cummins units now