New Flyer D40LF Retirement / Storage watch

Enviro 500

1 hour ago, ThomasW97 said:

Earlier this afternoon, 9753 was seen at Swartz Bay terminal heading back to the lower mainland to be in possession of TRAMS

Is it being restored to CMBC’s 7183 or is it staying as BC Transit’s 9753?

6 hours ago, 8010 said:

Is it being restored to CMBC’s 7183 or is it staying as BC Transit’s 9753?

My best guess is that it's staying as-is. There are already two buses (three if you count one that doesn't work) with the red and blue BCT livery and two with the old CMBC livery. It didn't even start out as a CMBC unit.

3 hours ago, Express691 said:

The post advises against anyone heading heading to the shop to see the new acquisition until COVID slowed down reasonably.

No, staying behind the fence does not qualify

It's probably inside the shop now, seeing as 101 is gone and 3334 is back in storage at the remote site.

Earlier today (don't remember the exact time, I think late morning or early afternoon) I saw a D40LF on Lougheed Hwy between Beta and Delta - too far along for it to be a 25 turning around. Didn't get the number, so I wonder if it was the same one. Figured it was just doing training or something, unless HTC suddenly has a D40LF to put on the 136...

23 hours ago, ThatBusGuy said:

Earlier today (don't remember the exact time, I think late morning or early afternoon) I saw a D40LF on Lougheed Hwy between Beta and Delta - too far along for it to be a 25 turning around. Didn't get the number, so I wonder if it was the same one. Figured it was just doing training or something, unless HTC suddenly has a D40LF to put on the 136...

Did you catch the fleet number? That indicates whether it is training or revenue

2 hours ago, KenrichYT said:

Did you catch the fleet number? That indicates whether it is training or revenue

It was most likely 7438 out for a maintenance run, it did have transmission issues afterall.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Community Shuttle said:

7112 has been redecorated for a new campaign. Has a URL that doesn't work yet so it's going to commence in the near future.

What kind of campaign? I have no idea what’s up next for public consultation.

12 minutes ago, Community Shuttle said:

It's called "Reconnect" but the URL goes to a 404.

So it’s something that’s probably going to happen within the next few weeks judging by the title and the Phase 3 reopening in BC.

On 6/29/2021 at 5:02 PM, 8010 said:

So it’s something that’s probably going to happen within the next few weeks judging by the title and the Phase 3 reopening in BC.

wouldn't be surprised if it pops up at some kind of event tomorrow