Jump to content
Enviro 500

New Flyer D40LF Retirement / Storage watch

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, FlyingPig said:

7112 was present today at Jack Poole Plaza for the 10th year anniversary of the 2010 Olympics.

I found out on Facebook. I was really worried though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are they keeping some D40LF's as spares moving forward? Seems like every new bus is now in service, so that's good news.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, another one bites the dust said:

3 fit for service D40LF’s are said to be at VTC, including 7438

“Fit for service”? Given how hard they’ve been run and for how long, is any D40LF really fit for service at this point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2020 at 8:12 AM, GORDOOM said:

“Fit for service”? Given how hard they’ve been run and for how long, is any D40LF really fit for service at this point?

A definition of "Fit for service" I've heard means buses that are ready for revenue service if needed. Only 7406 and 7438 are confirmed to be "fit for service"; the third bus may or may not be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a question, where can I spot any training units like Detroit powered D40LFs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DJ1400 said:

I have a question, where can I spot any training units like Detroit powered D40LFs?

at VTC on the lanes closest to the fraser river

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While bored this afternoon and laying down staring at the sky, a wild thought came to my mind

  

 I know its most likely very late, but was wondering if anyone is interested in a farewell charter. There's only 3 left in service and i know its not 7115 LOL. Perhaps they may even permit one of the training units to be used lol. Just a shot in the dark

Will be after the pandemic is over for obvious reasons

 

Cheers,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ThomasW97 said:

While bored this afternoon and laying down staring at the sky, a wild thought came to my mind

  

 I know its most likely very late, but was wondering if anyone is interested in a farewell charter. There's only 3 left in service and i know its not 7115 LOL. Perhaps they may even permit one of the training units to be used lol. Just a shot in the dark

 

Cheers,

Not under these circumstances.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2020 at 7:53 PM, ThomasW97 said:

While bored this afternoon and laying down staring at the sky, a wild thought came to my mind

  

 I know its most likely very late, but was wondering if anyone is interested in a farewell charter. There's only 3 left in service and i know its not 7115 LOL. Perhaps they may even permit one of the training units to be used lol. Just a shot in the dark

Will be after the pandemic is over for obvious reasons

 

Cheers,

I highly doubt any charters would be happening THIS YEAR. If you're really desperate, you can pay the driver and fuel and set one up NEXT YEAR 2021 in Victoria as BC Transit will have their Flyers in service longer than TL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, though to say that it was anticipated would be an understatement 

 

End of an era

 

The sight of seeing a D40lf in revenue service is now just a pure memory

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once things go back to normal, I'm hoping to set up a charter with WVMT 995 however I am not sure when that would happen and not sure if it will happen.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Geofferoski said:

Once things go back to normal, I'm hoping to set up a charter with WVMT 995 however I am not sure when that would happen and not sure if it will happen.

I don't know if the restoration is even finished

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2020 at 3:54 AM, Community Shuttle said:

I don't know if the restoration is even finished

I'm hoping by the time that I would book it, it will be finished.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Geofferoski said:

I'm hoping by the time that I would book it, it will be finished.

Hopefully there isn't a lot of work to do. It's just mostly electrical stuff to let the bus function properly without TMAC and the fare system installed (since modifications had to be done to install those)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2020 at 3:00 PM, Geofferoski said:

Once things go back to normal, I'm hoping to set up a charter with WVMT 995 however I am not sure when that would happen and not sure if it will happen.

That would be awesome - really hope it can happen when things are back to normal. My first D40LF and second-last D40LF were both WVMT - definitely have fond memories of them.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ThomasW97 said:

7426 and 39 back into service

 

3 more units will be brought back tomorrow

As much as I love the D40LFs, why are they doing this and why at VTC? Are they just trying to push whatever life is left in the training units?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 8010 said:

As much as I love the D40LFs, why are they doing this and why at VTC? Are they just trying to push whatever life is left in the training units?

The 9 goes diesel in just over a week, and there will likely continue to be unscheduled extras around the system for Covid-19 distancing throughout the summer.  So VTC is likely in need of a few extra buses.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...