Enviro 500

New Flyer D40LF Retirement / Storage watch

I just thought i heard somewhere these d40lf's were all to retire this year, but how long it's taking to have the 2019 xn40's (191xx) start service i think it's going to be by RB start or before Feburary 2020. Let's just make the rest contingency units.

14 minutes ago, Busmanic92 said:

I just thought i heard somewhere these d40lf's were all to retire this year, but how long it's taking to have the 2019 xn40's (191xx) start service i think it's going to be by RB start or before Feburary 2020. Let's just make the rest contingency units.

Ill correct myself, no, theyre not contingency units. I believe a better term is 'unallocated'

1 hour ago, Express691 said:

I have a feeling we should change the D40LF with unknown status to "contingency".

Not confirmed at HTC but havent seen service in a while

That sounds like a good idea

15 minutes ago, Express691 said:

Ill correct myself, no, theyre not contingency units. I believe a better term is 'unallocated'

Or this

looks like units are retiring again! Based on the wiki!

On 12/13/2019 at 5:28 PM, Busmanic92 said:

I have seen 7328 quite a bunch of times. Haven't really seen 7292. But last time i did was in Langley just briefly (possibly headed back to garage) but I'll keep my eyes open

I see 7375 the most on t comm

• Confused 3

31 minutes ago, KenrichYT said:

No 1999 d40lfs have been in service since december 23rd! These include

7328, 7340, 7373 

Only 2000 and 01 d40lfs running :(

It’s only been 5 days, relax. They might just be getting a bit of maintenance done or they might not have gone out because let’s be real here, not every bus goes out from a depot even during peak.

PS: before you post something on this board think, would my grandma approve of this, would my English teach give me 100% on spelling and could your post perhaps have a negative impact on anything you try to do in your future such as a job interview, would they be proud of what your wrote here. If the answer is NO to any of the above questions than done f**king post.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, KenrichYT said:

No 1999 d40lfs have been in service since december 23rd!

Besides, it's Christmas vacation, so probably a reduction in service so not as many vehicles required.

I checked somewhere around STC, I never saw any unknown statue units there: s7274, h7280, s7328, s7340, s7373, s7389, h7409, r7432, r7434, r7438, they're never running around for more than a month or two

• Sad 2

There's only maybe 17 D40LF's left in service with 10 XN40's to go. Are we going to keep a few stragglers around? Maybe we keep a handful until the next bus expansion?

7112 has been moved from the Orion 5 retirement line. Not sure where else it has been moved to at RTC or to another location? Other scenario could be it has been hauled off for scrap? 

13 hours ago, dover5949 said:

7112 has been moved from the Orion 5 retirement line. Not sure where else it has been moved to at RTC or to another location? Other scenario could be it has been hauled off for scrap? 

If 7112 was disposed of, it's a good thing 7127 was sold to 911 so at least we'll have a surviving 1995 for the foreseeable future.

48 minutes ago, dover5949 said:

H7192 Has now been acquired by Vancouver Fire & Rescue Services

Already posted

On 9/23/2019 at 7:36 PM, dover5949 said:

H7192 Has been purchased by Vancouver Fire & Rescue Services for Firefighter training in Auto Extrication & Urban Search & Rescue

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, KenrichYT said:

question: Do bike racks have to be removed for a bus to get scrapped?

They don’t have to, but it is economical to salvage any usable parts before disposal.

• Like 1

Looking at the TCOMM site, it looks like all the D40LF, C40LF, and D60LFs are either not in service or scrapped 😯

That means that BC Transit is the only one operating D40LFs in BC (and plenty of them)