New Flyer D40LF Retirement / Storage watch

Enviro 500

On 2/25/2020 at 8:12 AM, GORDOOM said:

“Fit for service”? Given how hard they’ve been run and for how long, is any D40LF really fit for service at this point?

A definition of "Fit for service" I've heard means buses that are ready for revenue service if needed. Only 7406 and 7438 are confirmed to be "fit for service"; the third bus may or may not be.

• 1 month later...

While bored this afternoon and laying down staring at the sky, a wild thought came to my mind

I know its most likely very late, but was wondering if anyone is interested in a farewell charter. There's only 3 left in service and i know its not 7115 LOL. Perhaps they may even permit one of the training units to be used lol. Just a shot in the dark

Will be after the pandemic is over for obvious reasons

Cheers,

17 minutes ago, ThomasW97 said:

While bored this afternoon and laying down staring at the sky, a wild thought came to my mind

I know its most likely very late, but was wondering if anyone is interested in a farewell charter. There's only 3 left in service and i know its not 7115 LOL. Perhaps they may even permit one of the training units to be used lol. Just a shot in the dark

Cheers,

Not under these circumstances.

• Like 5

On 4/12/2020 at 7:53 PM, ThomasW97 said:

Will be after the pandemic is over for obvious reasons

Cheers,

I highly doubt any charters would be happening THIS YEAR. If you're really desperate, you can pay the driver and fuel and set one up NEXT YEAR 2021 in Victoria as BC Transit will have their Flyers in service longer than TL. 

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Geofferoski said:

I'm hoping by the time that I would book it, it will be finished.

Hopefully there isn't a lot of work to do. It's just mostly electrical stuff to let the bus function properly without TMAC and the fare system installed (since modifications had to be done to install those)

• Like 1

On 4/25/2020 at 3:00 PM, Geofferoski said:

Once things go back to normal, I'm hoping to set up a charter with WVMT 995 however I am not sure when that would happen and not sure if it will happen.

That would be awesome - really hope it can happen when things are back to normal. My first D40LF and second-last D40LF were both WVMT - definitely have fond memories of them.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, ThomasW97 said:

7426 and 39 back into service

3 more units will be brought back tomorrow

As much as I love the D40LFs, why are they doing this and why at VTC? Are they just trying to push whatever life is left in the training units?

1 hour ago, 8010 said:

As much as I love the D40LFs, why are they doing this and why at VTC? Are they just trying to push whatever life is left in the training units?

The 9 goes diesel in just over a week, and there will likely continue to be unscheduled extras around the system for Covid-19 distancing throughout the summer.  So VTC is likely in need of a few extra buses.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1