New Flyer D40LF Retirement / Storage watch

Enviro 500

• 4 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, KenrichYT said:

Story: Once upon a time there were 3 D40LFS 7115, 7404 and 7316! Then there were 3 bullies 16051 16040 and 14042! One day the owner told 7115! You are really getting old we shall take you to somewhere you don't like (ABC recycling)  7115 burst into tears then 7115 and his friends all went to the scrapper! Time was ticking down Soon till the point where they decided to crush it! Then everyone was so upset and cried but translink never listned soon they all died no one was happy except XN40s! The people at ABC think they did a great job!

Sidenote only 7316 was scrapped IDK where 7404 and 7115 are! Let's hope they got  sold

Can someone shiw this thread pictures of d40lfs in ABC IK it's  terrifying but still

...what the hell

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, KenrichYT said:

I compiled a lot of things you guys are scared of d40lfs heres what I heard

1. 7115 goes to scrap

2. Any d40lf gets treated badly

3. A operator not doing good to a bus

4. A bus gets roughly searched!

Scared of D40LFs? What?

1. Yes, 7115 was scrapped. Machines don't last forever when subjected to years of hard work. That bus was built in early 1996 and outlasted everything else in the order it was part of (except for some older buses that BC Transit bought back, but I don't think those are in great shape now).

2. Buses are maintained to a. comply with laws and b. ensure the safety of passengers, operators, and anyone who shares the road with them, yet they are subjected to hard work at the same time because people need them to travel. A D40LF's workload can be identical to or lighter than that of a brand new XN40; the latter point is because those buses are old, reaching the ends of their lifespans, and if there are enough newer buses, they'd only see use when they're really needed. Also, equipment depreciates so there's no point in keeping buses in service forever or fixing them when replacements are already present (only exception would be West Vancouver's 995 because they want to save it as a "heritage bus"). Furthermore, selling the buses really depend on their condition and in many cases, the buses aren't really fit for resale unless the buyers want money pits. At least many buses are used for parts to keep better examples on the road for longer before they get scrapped.

3. Please elaborate. Are you referring to operators slamming on the brakes?

4. ???

• Like 2

On 12/12/2019 at 2:43 PM, Express691 said:

(I) don't have info on their whereabouts. Heck some of the last remaining S50s could be laying in STC's BO tracks

I have seen 7328 quite a bunch of times. Haven't really seen 7292. But last time i did was in Langley just briefly (possibly headed back to garage) but I'll keep my eyes open

12 hours ago, Busmanic92 said:

I have seen 7328 quite a bunch of times. Haven't really seen 7292. But last time i did was in Langley just briefly (possibly headed back to garage) but I'll keep my eyes open

I was on the 7292 yesterday (Fri, 13th) on a 341 Newton Exchange that left Guildford at 16:49.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Busmanic92 said:

I just thought i heard somewhere these d40lf's were all to retire this year, but how long it's taking to have the 2019 xn40's (191xx) start service i think it's going to be by RB start or before Feburary 2020. Let's just make the rest contingency units.

Ill correct myself, no, theyre not contingency units. I believe a better term is 'unallocated'

1 hour ago, Express691 said:

I have a feeling we should change the D40LF with unknown status to "contingency".

Not confirmed at HTC but havent seen service in a while

That sounds like a good idea

15 minutes ago, Express691 said:

Ill correct myself, no, theyre not contingency units. I believe a better term is 'unallocated'

Or this