New Flyer D40LF Retirement / Storage watch

Enviro 500

17 hours ago, Mac Write said:

I don't and will not use Facebook ever. Is there any other place to view the photos etc?

It's a private group. You'll either have to track down the owner (which I will conveniently not provide here) or join Facebook.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Peterbiltguy1989@gmail.com said:

Now that the long awaited XN40s are starting to arrive, which D40LF will retire first? My money is on either 7382 or 7445 as the are the 2 roughest looking units I see. Also, which would be the last D40LF standing?

No use tracking which D40LF will be the first retired for this order, tbh

We long thought it would be 7115, but we all know what happened afterwards

17 minutes ago, Express691 said:

No use tracking which D40LF will be the first retired for this order, tbh

We long thought it would be 7115, but we all know what happened afterwards

Well, it is what it is on that one. Thought I'd make a little game out of it.

This is more of a T-Comm spotting, but I also want to gather some opinions on an idea that I have.

I've noticed that West Vancouver's 1999 D40LF 994 has not been out since July 23rd... Its sibling, 995, was out yesterday on an all-day 250 block, but I was unable to catch a ride due to scheduling issues. Today, neither bus is out...

These two buses, while operated by West Vancouver and not CMBC, are basically the last two transit buses operating in Vancouver with Voith transmissions.

The idea I had was this: should we schedule a farewell charter before they vanish?

52 minutes ago, Millennium2002 said:

This is more of a T-Comm spotting, but I also want to gather some opinions on an idea that I have.

I've noticed that West Vancouver's 1999 D40LF 994 has not been out since July 23rd... Its sibling, 995, was out yesterday on an all-day 250 block, but I was unable to catch a ride due to scheduling issues. Today, neither bus is out...

These two buses, while operated by West Vancouver and not CMBC, are basically the last two transit buses operating in Vancouver with Voith transmissions.

The idea I had was this: should we schedule a farewell charter before they vanish?

There was one not long ago

1 hour ago, Millennium2002 said:

Was there? I didn't catch word of it, then...

Speaking of which, 994 made it out just now. I have a feeling it is subbing for a bus that broke down mid-block...

It was a private charter. We went all around the Metro Vancouver region.

2 hours ago, DJ1400 said:

I've never seen this one for over a month or 2 ?, I also haven't seen 7415 and 7425 these 2 months

Pretty sure if you go out to the BO line at STC you'd see those buses cause I spotted both 7266 and 7415 parked along there a bit over a week ago. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2019 at 10:14 PM, Ninja Bus Fan said:

Pretty sure if you go out to the BO line at STC you'd see those buses cause I spotted both 7266 and 7415 parked along there a bit over a week ago. 

BO line at STC, is that a parking space close to ICBC Newton?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2019 at 1:48 PM, Evan Hancock said:

7274 and 7280 possibly dead; just saying as Surrey just got 2 2016 XN40 from HTC

22 hours ago, Peterbiltguy1989@gmail.com said:

3 now. 5 2016 XN40s to Surrey so far. And the retirements start once again.

On 8/24/2019 at 1:48 PM, Evan Hancock said:

7274 and 7280 possibly dead; just saying as Surrey just got 2 2016 XN40 from HTC

You have a habit of saying "possibly" and "probably" whenever you discuss the retirement of these units - can you actually confirm if these units are retired or not? Or are you just basing this entirely in theory? If you cannot actually confirm whether these units are retired or not then wait for confirmation before posting

Side note - can anyone confirm if these units are actually officially retired?

• Like 4