New Flyer D40LF Retirement / Storage watch

Enviro 500

9 hours ago, Express691 said:

7371 7155 7282 dead

Who are the the ones who decide which old bus stays and which ones go?

I under stand that the ones in poorer condition are the first ones to go but who is the one who said "This one goes and this one stays"?

50 minutes ago, Express691 said:

You just answered your own question...

No I didnt

I was asking who made the decision. Not if the busses drove themselves to the scrap yard when they felt like they were missing a couple nuts and bolts.

i was asking if it were the meccanics or a supervisor or someone else that decided which bus goes and which stays 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thomasw said:

i was asking if it were the meccanics or a supervisor or someone else that decided which bus goes and which stays 

Likely someone trained to inspect the buses regularly, since the factors that go into deciding what condition buses are in - "poorer" or "better" - are more qualitative than quantitative (in scientific, physical terminology).

Only 147 d40lf’s remain in service to date, still about 60 more xn40’s to enter service

by mid next year,

htc/vtc will not have any d40lf’s left

surrey/rtc will have the remaining d40lf’s in service, but i wonder if any of these nova’s will retire the rest of the d40lf fleet?

30 minutes ago, cleowin said:

Not the cummins.. retire the 1999’s instead -.-

These ones are in better condition. Except one i saw right behind the driver the light panel was going to fall off i believe 7383? Unsure but was a cummins i noted a few weeks ago! Retire the oldest (leave 7115 in service) and burn(?) the junk! 

1 hour ago, rulerduler said:

These ones are in better condition. Except one i saw right behind the driver the light panel was going to fall off i believe 7383? Unsure but was a cummins i noted a few weeks ago! Retire the oldest (leave 7115 in service) and burn(?) the junk! 

At this rate, the 1999's are going to outlive the Cummins, so many cummins now have been retired, especially ones operating out of STC, yet the 96's/98's/99's continue to thrive for the most part, I only care about H7115 for anything pre 2000.

2 hours ago, cleowin said:

At this rate, the 1999's are going to outlive the Cummins, so many cummins now have been retired, especially ones operating out of STC, yet the 96's/98's/99's continue to thrive for the most part, I only care about H7115 for anything pre 2000.

So I guess when 7115 is scrapped up into a Pepsi can, should I be concerned for your wellbeing ? As it seems like you will be devistated when your precious 7115 is done ?