New Flyer D40LF Retirement / Storage watch

Enviro 500

On 2017-06-18 at 3:44 PM, GORDOOM said:

Am I the only one who, whenever there's an update to this thread, is scared that it might be 7115 getting towed to the scrapyard?

She will never get towed to the scrap yard.  She will drive there when her time comes.  She will know.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Stormscape said:

I really hope 7115 goes to TRAMS when CMBC decides to retire it.

Not to be a poor sport, but word around is that TRAMS has no current intentions on preserving 7115. My speculation is that chances are probably higher for an 2000 or 2001 unit, if and when the time ever comes to preserve a D40LF. Maybe somebody has enough flow saved up somewhere to personally buy it... Thats the only chance i see of this bus having a future after CMBC has fulfilled the need for her.

4 minutes ago, Evan Hancock said:

please update on the wvmt cptdb wiki that 994, 998, and 971 are retired. they haven't been in service for the past couple weeks. not a big surprise with the 5 new xd40s

Do you proof? I do believe you but I throught the XD40 where for expansion of service now not replacement as planned. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Evan Hancock said:

no i don't blue bus fan. tcomm shows that they've not been in service for a few days.

They could be in shop getting repaired or they could be in storage, that doesn't mean they are retired. I personally see 971 being retired with an 2016 XD40.

3 hours ago, Evan Hancock said:

please update on the wvmt cptdb wiki that 994, 998, and 971 are retired. they haven't been in service for the past couple weeks. not a big surprise with the 5 new xd40s

Rest assured, 971 and 994 were sitting in the yard as of this afternoon

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Brando737 said:

I noticed more D40LFs outside the crane wearhouse yesterday then I've seen the before.  Maybe some of the units listed above are there.  Couldn't see numbers, was driving by at the time.

Might as well hop on a C9 later today and check it out. It may be my first time there so I'll have to take note.