Sign in to follow this  
TC60102N

Anybody Recognize this Rek Vee ?

RekV.jpgI found this old Rek Vee up north on the weekend, I am not sure if the paint is original or if it has been repainted since it was a transit unit. I know lots of Ontario transit systems used these things for Dial-A-Bus. I also wonder if anybody has some information on these things ? Why were they even constructed ?? What benefit was there to them ?? Any story behind them ? Google search was very unhelpful on this subject, But I am cool with being wrong on that.

RekV.jpg

post-97-0-78806000-1339473641_thumb.jpg

post-97-0-78806000-1339473641_thumb.jpg

RekV.jpgI found this old Rek Vee up north on the weekend, I am not sure if the paint is original or if it has been repainted since it was a transit unit. I know lots of Ontario transit systems used these things for Dial-A-Bus. I also wonder if anybody has some information on these things ? Why were they even constructed ?? What benefit was there to them ?? Any story behind them ? Google search was very unhelpful on this subject, But I am cool with being wrong on that.

This is the most info I have found, includes a link to a pamphlet.

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/TORONTO/builders/rekvee.html

I guess they were the cutaways of their time. Someone posted a photo of TTC one a few years back.