Cruise Victoria

Caught this image of Cruise Victoria H3-45 #C12 near Banff, Alberta yesterday. I have not seen any of their equipment outside of Victoria prior to this spotting yesterday.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vehicle-images/5745689564/

Also, this coach looks like it might be an Ex-MTR unit judging by the color down on the lower left corner of the coach.

Caught this image of Cruise Victoria H3-45 #C12 near Banff, Alberta yesterday. I have not seen any of their equipment outside of Victoria prior to this spotting yesterday.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vehicle-images/5745689564/

Also, this coach looks like it might be an Ex-MTR unit judging by the color down on the lower left corner of the coach.

Had a closer look at Cruise Victoria's website, they have a video promoting their H3-45's. The interiors are quite standard and I would say fall short of MTR Western standards. The color on the bumper looks a little dark on second look, but that might just be the photo.

Also noticed the chrome mirrors standard on MTR H3's was not on any of the Cruise Victoria buses.

http://www.cvscruisevictoria.com/motor_coach_charter.html

• 2 weeks later...
I have not seen any of their equipment outside of Victoria prior to this spotting yesterday.

I suspect this comes as a result of the demise of Gray Line of Victoria. I had figured Wilson's would have picked up a chunk of the work but it's more than plausible CVS scooped some as well. I spotted C11 in downtown Vancouver last week.

Speaking of Gray Line, I've seen some of their H3-45s and MCI EL3s running for Horizon.

• 1 year later...

This board will be for Discussion and Photos of Cruise Victoria of Victoria BC.

To start us off their bus "C14" has a old fleet number under it. All I can tell is it starts with a 5? Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks,

Eli Blanchette

• 8 months later...

Coach C14 is an ex-Orleans Express H3-45 out of Quebec. It is a 2003 model year with a wheelchair lift and seats 50 passengers. C12 operated in Dallas Texas and has 56 seats, also an H3-45. Both are now in the CVS Cruise Victoria blue livery and have B500 Alison Transmissions.

C15 and C16 are 2005 H3-45's seating 56 Passengers and have ZF Transmissions - they are in the CVS Cruise Victoria white livery. C17 is a year 2000 H3-45 in white livery also with a B500 Allison transmission. These units have consecutive VIN numbers.

C20 is a 1999 El Dorado - 29 seats in the CVS Cruise Victoria blue livery - it is an ex-Gray Line West unit - 587?

C21 is a 2001 Ford Goshen - 15 seats with a Ricon wheelchair lift. Used for Hotel Pick-up service. Ex-SSA from Seattle Cruise Terminal operations.

C2 is a 1982 MC-9 ex-Gray Line of Seattle coach that was converted in 2012 to an open air format for use as a Hop On Hop Off specialty vehicle. The coach has a full length centre skylight, blue LED interior and partial exterior accent lighting and the Hop On Hop Off branding. The coach seats 47 passengers.

Units C4 - C6 are MC-9's currently for sale. 1979 - 1981 model years.

Unit C3 a 1984 MC-9 is being converted to the "open air" & "skylight" configuration of C2. Work is being completed by BMT Group in Victoria.

Image 6195 is unit C11 Cruise ship in background is the Pacific Princess

Image 0380 is unit C15 at Juan de Fuca Rec Centre

Image 0115 is unit C14 in front of the Empress Hotel loading passengers for a Butchart Gardens Tour

Image 9194 is Unit C16 at Ogden Point in front of Pier A Warehouse

Image 9188 is Unit C12 in a Temporary Victoria Racquet Club Kings Hockey Livery 2012 / 2013 season

Image 8590 is Unit C20 in front of Victoria's Fairmont Empress loading passengers for a Victoria City Tour - note the temporary yellow "Attractions Connector" promotion from 2012

Image 7372 is Unit C21 in Hotel pickup blue livery.

Image 7362 is Unit C2 Hop On Hop off Open Air MC-9, the coach has a full length centre skylight, blue LED interior and partial exterior accent lighting and the Hop On Hop Off branding.

Image 8016 is Unit C2 atop Mt. Tolmie Viewpoint in Victoria showing the full length centre skylight.

Image 7337 shows units C11, C12, C14 and C15 at Ogden Point Cruise Terminal in Victoria loading passengers off a Holland America cruise ship at Pier A.

Image 6721 shows unit C2 interior with skylight and in open air configuration for Hop On Hop Off

Image 5521 shows units C15 and C16 in Vernon, BC in February 2012 for the BC Winter Games.

DSC_0380.jpg

DSC_0115.jpg

DSC_9194.jpg

DSC_9188-2.jpg

DSC_8590.jpg

DSC_7372.jpg

DSC_7362.jpg

DSC_8016.jpg

DSC_6721.jpg

DSC_5521.jpg

• 2 months later...

Wonder if they're using for the former Gray Line double deckers, if any of them actually survived, or if they have new(er) double deckers.

And while I brushed on that topic, does anyone know if the Gray Line double deckers survived after they folded? I think Horizon ran a few of them, but they're gone now too from what I have heard...

Units C4 - C6 are MC-9's currently for sale. 1979 - 1981 model years.

C6 was recently acquired by VTC Coach Services (i.e. the Vancouver Trolley Company), and the information I have is that they got 4 buses, so I'm guessing that at least two of the other three are also from CVS. Don't know about the fourth one though - although, I have my suspicions as to what bus that might be.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...