6 hours ago, FabianColeyLOVESBUSES said:

8128 8141 8155 8199 now rebuilt 8199 was on the 42 8155 was on the 506 and 8141 was on the 24e 8128 I was told was driven to Birchmount from hillcrest from rebuild

impossible.  Hillcrest doesn't certify (MTO sticker) the bus.  They have to be towed back  to the garage.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, leylandvictory2 said:

impossible.  Hillcrest doesn't certify (MTO sticker) the bus.  They have to be towed back  to the garage.

17 hours ago, FabianColeyLOVESBUSES said:

oh okay and no problem maybe it was false information that 8128 was driven from hillcrest back to Birchmount and yes I forgot that  rebuilt buses get towed from hillcrest from their rebuild thanks for the reminder on that.

If the sticker is still valid then it can be driven back. I've personally driven several buses back from Hillcrest after being rebuilt.

12 hours ago, Rowan Pendergrast said:

8155 is rebuilt. I rode it on the 22 today

Already reported. Make sure you check the previous posts to make sure that you’re not duplicating posts. And if you still want to post it, maybe post it on Today’s Sightings

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DAT_28 said:

Already reported. Make sure you check the previous posts to make sure that you’re not duplicating posts. And if you still want to post it, maybe post it on Today’s Sightings

I guess he doesnt know where the list is posted.  I prefer double post so that nothing gets left up.  It seems hillcrest is pumpinh a lot of rebuilt buses lately.   It wil interesting if the rebuilt buses from now up are equipped with vision sysyem.  It would be a waste od money to gut the bus again to install vison system.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, leylandvictory2 said:

I guess he doesnt know where the list is posted.  I prefer double post so that nothing gets left up.  It seems hillcrest is pumpinh a lot of rebuilt buses lately.   It wil interesting if the rebuilt buses from now up are equipped with vision sysyem.  It would be a waste od money to gut the bus again to install vison system.

Given that there seems to be a special group installing Vision, I would expect that the rebuilt buses would not get changed at Hillcrest. Hillcrest does what they know how to do, and the special group does what they know what to do.

And since each Vision installation is supposed to take only one shift beginning to end, the buses aren't going to need to be gutted.

8 hours ago, Ed T. said:

Given that there seems to be a special group installing Vision, I would expect that the rebuilt buses would not get changed at Hillcrest. Hillcrest does what they know how to do, and the special group does what they know what to do.

And since each Vision installation is supposed to take only one shift beginning to end, the buses aren't going to need to be gutted.

Correct. It’s a big undertaking. The installation procedure book it 155 pages long.

To add, an easy way to identify an equipped unit is the new asymmetrical wifi antenna directly above the destination sign. Roughly resembles a black, swept back “shark’s fin.”

1 hour ago, Bus_Medic said:

Correct. It’s a big undertaking. The installation procedure book it 155 pages long.

To add, an easy way to identify an equipped unit is the new asymmetrical wifi antenna directly above the destination sign. Roughly resembles a black, swept back “shark’s fin.”

Hopefully the "one day install" is realistic!

It is, one crew has about a month under their belts, they can manage without breaking too much of a sweat. It’s the quality assurance checks after initial boot up that have been throwing the odd surprise.

3 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

Looking at photos of the 3100-series Novas I see that they have one antenna right above the centre of the destination sign and another above the drivers area near the edge of the roof. I have noticed the driver's side one on other buses prior to VISION. What is the difference between the two?

One is garage wifi, another is strictly voice communication, and yet a third is gps.

there’s a fourth hidden in the interior above the driver, but that’s short range, for wireless software changes. There’s a fifth for future smartphone connectivity mounted to the side of the electrical cabinet, facing the aisle.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Shemar said:

I finally got around to updating the wiki. If I am missing anything, just let me know.

8117 and 8148 are rebuilt 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kit Kat said:

Thè 7900 is apparantly getting a second refurb at hillcrest.

IF it does get rebuilt and gets the new livery, its gonna get alot of foamer attention like the Ng's did

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1