TTC Orion VII Diesel & Hybrid Rebuild Tracking

2 hours ago, Shaun said:

So I guess they figured it would be better to rebuild those than the 1700 series Hybrids?

Of course it would, the NG HEV's are way too unreliable. The OG ISL's on the other hand, are way more realiable. So it would only make sense to keep them in better condition.

2 hours ago, Rami A. said:

Of course it would, the NG HEV's are way too unreliable. The OG ISL's on the other hand, are way more realiable. So it would only make sense to keep them in better condition.

The OG ISLs are only going there for headlight replacement. And keep in mind some of them retire this year. Vision is only being installed on 50 queensway buses cuz most of em wont make it past april 2019. Also the D40LFs got presto readers only a bit before they retired. 8006 already got its headlights replaced and the same is happening to 7900, 7902 and 7903 (7901 has a dead tracker it could also be getting its lights replaced or it retired). Also they might refurbish a few and retire the rest like with the 15/16xx buses. 

On July 27, 2018 at 3:43 AM, Xtrazsteve said:

The bus fleet plan posted on Steve Munro's blog a while back does indicate 60 of them would have a second mech/body overhaul in 2020. They would be last to retire.

2018_busfleetplan.jpg

I wonder if they'll rebuild more since they fast forwarded the 900's series express network plan.

Will the rebuilt 7900s have the LFLRV livery or retain the old livery?

34 minutes ago, Rowan Pendergrast said:

The OG ISLs are only going there for headlight replacement. And keep in mind some of them retire this year. Vision is only being installed on 50 queensway buses cuz most of em wont make it past april 2019. Also the D40LFs got presto readers only a bit before they retired. 8006 already got its headlights replaced and the same is happening to 7900, 7902 and 7903 (7901 has a dead tracker it could also be getting its lights replaced or it retired). Also they might refurbish a few and retire the rest like with the 15/16xx buses. 

And your source for this info is?

Headlight replacement?  Wow, you’d have a blank cheque stuck to your forehead if you went on like that in a real shop. Service advisor would bleed you dry.

”perhaps we could interest you in an inspection of your muffler bearings? There’s a special on all this week...”

Headlights can be completed before the operator’s even shaking it off at the urinal.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

5 hours ago, Rowan Pendergrast said:

Your information is based off of a tracker and poor sources. The 3 buses you listed were requested for TPS purposes. There’s been no word on those unit retiring after they return to Queensway. 7901 just got sent to Duncan for brakes. Since trump units are scarce, the trump unit was harvested as surplus for other units back at the garage. 

So... like I have mentioned before... get your facts straight before blurbing out poor assumptions! I’m not trying to sound like I’m picking on you, but I work at Queensway. So I would know. 

• Thanks 2

Just saying that fleet plan is incorrect and its not about the 79/80xx. It says the 17/18xx start retiring in 2019 but some have already retired now. I not 100% but im pretty sure ttc also changed the retirement date of the 79/80xx buses due to how unreliable they are (many arrow operators both drivers and supervisors have told me those buses broke down far more than the other buses in arrows fleet)

But it was how they were maintained at Arrow. They were neglected there. At Queensway, their all worked on and appreciated by the drivers and the maintenance personnel. Parts may take time to arrive every now and again, but there have been no buses in storage pending salvage. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...