FlyerD901

TTC Orion VII Diesel & Hybrid Rebuild Tracking

On 2/20/2020 at 9:17 AM, Shemar said:

#1210, #1226, #1230 are now repainted.

1226 isn’t repainted yet

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 1/29/2020 at 5:01 AM, FabianColeyLOVESBUSES said:

1204 is now repainted in the new livery. Be on the lookout for 1241 apparently its repainted in the new livery.

1241 isn’t repainted. When I came back to wilson last night it was sitting outside in its old livery 

On Wednesday evening, I saw a repainted 135x (either what I believe was 1352 or 1356) being driven north on Bathurst, crossing St Clair at either 9:20p or 10:15p (long shift driving the 512). I wish I could tell the last digit, but the new fleet # arrangement is hard to tell from a long distance

• Like 2

Just wondering Are the 79xx and the 80xx going to be repainted with the new LFLRV livery like the 10xx hybrids?
And if they are when? 

•  

1221 is repainted. It was running on the 90 Vaughan Rd route until the driver had to run it in since the driver that was to relieve him didn’t show up

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm curious if the TTC is still doing the rebuilds during the coronavirus outbreaks... I mean, they have a lot of extra buses now, so might as well keep those people safer at home while waiting the worst of this outbreak out and resume the rebuilds once its safer.

They’re still insisting on maintaining divisional shop staffing levels at 100% despite reduced service adjustments, so....

Does anyone know when the OG Orion VII diesels (Cummins ISL) will retire (79xx-80xx)?

my guess is between 2021-2022 or 2022-2023

and since were in this topic does anyone know when the OG Orion VII hybrids will retire (10xx-11xx)?

46 minutes ago, JustinHA said:

Does anyone know when the OG Orion VII diesels (Cummins ISL) will retire (79xx-80xx)?

and since were in this topic does anyone know when the OG Orion VII hybrids will retire (10xx-11xx)?

6593B0AE-D430-4BE8-BD81-5380DA9E9910.thumb.jpeg.f67013f3881964d1d4c776216e61ce20.jpeg

You already asked this, word for word, on March 30th. Ironically in yet another thread unrelated to retirements.

The prospect of a global recession unseen since the 1930s has every pre conceived prediction now out the window.

Persistence will win you no friends in this case. Would it be a stretch to call it spamming?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 7

Spotted a repainted hybrid outside Hillcrest. This unit appears to have been 1270, as tracker had it in the same place before looping around the yard and departing back to Wilson.

4 hours ago, Matthew TTC 4120 said:

Spotted a repainted hybrid outside Hillcrest. This unit appears to have been 1270, as tracker had it in the same place before looping around the yard and departing back to Wilson.

Can confirm it was 1270. Seen it parked up at wilson tonight.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2020 at 9:46 PM, JustinHA said:

With Covid, we should expect reduced capital funds from Ottawa and Queen's Park which will delay a lot of capital projects. I would not be surprised if the next sign contracts for orders gets pushed back due to this. 

To add, there's really no need to retire the 79xx/80xx until 18 years. The 74/78xx were done early due to emission problems. They were originally suppose to go until 18 years anyway.

If the 79xx/10/11xx last until 2024 which is their original intended 18 years, then Line 5 and 6 should be up and running and won't need a direct 1 to 1 replacement of new buses for them. Provided ridership hasn't jumped back to exponential levels by 2024.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Cityflyer said:

To add, there's really no need to retire the 79xx/80xx until 18 years. The 74/78xx were done early due to emission problems. They were originally suppose to go until 18 years anyway.

If the 79xx/10/11xx last until 2024 which is their original intended 18 years, then Line 5 and 6 should be up and running and won't need a direct 1 to 1 replacement of new buses for them. Provided ridership hasn't jumped back to exponential levels by 2024.

But do you think the 79xx and 80xx will get the new LFLRV livery? because the 10xx already have the new paint job and as you say there might retire around the same time

22 hours ago, JustinHA said:

But do you think the 79xx and 80xx will get the new LFLRV livery? because the 10xx already have the new paint job and as you say there might retire around the same time

You have asked this question several times and the answer is the same thing every time. At this point, it is unknown if they will get repainted. If/When they get repainted, you will know. 

47 minutes ago, FabianColeyLOVESBUSES said:

i am not too sure who does the updates for the TTC fleet on Wiki but is there any way you can add 1253 as repainted in the new livery. I saw it repainted in the new livery back in May 14th. 

Done