FlyerD901

TTC Orion VII Diesel & Hybrid Rebuild Tracking

1423 has been repainted. FYI there has been word from management that the OG hybrids may be receiving the same body work and repaint into the new scheme as the remaining rebuilt NG hybrids. Not sure if or when this may be happening but the idea is being considered.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 2

27 minutes ago, BusFanForever said:

1423 has been repainted. FYI there has been word from management that the OG hybrids may be receiving the same body work and repaint into the new scheme as the remaining rebuilt NG hybrids. Not sure if or when this may be happening but the idea is being considered.

If this is happening, I'm happy to see it taking place.

Don't get me wrong, the old livery looks good, but it's time for a refresh. The new livery should give them a fresh look. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BusFanForever said:

Is this a way to keep Hillcrest busy? TTC has an increasing capital budget deficit and yet they are doing this. If it's not totally necessary I think this is a complete waste of money. The NGs just got body work a couple years ago and yet they are going back. hmmmm

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Shaun said:

How many years of service would those buses have left?  If it extends their service life I think it's worth it. 

Could be that those Hybrids are proven more reliable than the rest.

2 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

Is this a way to keep Hillcrest busy? TTC has an increasing capital budget deficit and yet they are doing this. If it's not totally necessary I think this is a complete waste of money. The NGs just got body work a couple years ago and yet they are going back. hmmmm

So what’s your suggestion?

The couple of hundred full time unionized tradesmen there have mortgages to pay and mouths to feed. A complete waste of money would be to have them push brooms around for weeks on end while technical services re tools for the artic rebuild. Those guys are showing up at 7 am wether they have buses to work on or not.....you can’t just furlough them or arbitrarily scatter them to various divisions and shifts.

1 hour ago, TTC 9701 said:

Could be that those Hybrids are proven more reliable than the rest.

Actually, they have. Relatively speaking of course.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, BusFanForever said:

yup confirmed repainted, saw this while heading to st clair banh cuon pho ga restaurant

20190126_120020.jpg

20190126_120024.jpg

• Like 1

1396 is refurbished.

1404 is currently in the refurb process.

1419 is being refurbished.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just a fun fact: 7807's rear cap

received_359006301186454.jpeg

Foam theory: Maybe it was the first repaint to honour 7807 because it didn't last long as soon as it was back in service from its rebuild 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

51 minutes ago, BusFanForever said:

I guess it's official, 1071 has been repainted into the LFLRV livery. It arrived back at Mt Dennis this afternoon. No picts but it looks mostly the same as the NG's with a couple of minor tweaks. I noticed the front fleet# is black on white and they installed "hybrid electric" lettering on the body above the first passenger windows on both sides of the bus. 

(JOKE INCOMING): Told y'all a 1000 series OG HEV would get a repaint. 'bout time an OG HEV got some love. First person who has photos please share, as it will become my new wallpaper.

On 1/25/2019 at 7:58 PM, Shaun said:

How many years of service would those buses have left?  If it extends their service life I think it's worth it. 

My guess is until 2022-2205. Even that would be pushing it. But as bus medic and TTC 9701 said, they are different from the rest of the TTC's hybrids. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Matthew TTC 4120 said:

1419 is repainted. I saw on it 32.

Already reported, next time please check the wiki and above posts

21 minutes ago, TTC Guy said:

Already reported, next time please check the wiki and above posts

Uh no. The unit was reported In refurbishment. Not ready for service.

Edit: I didn't see that it was marked as refurbished on the wiki. My apologies. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1