TTC Orion VII Diesel & Hybrid Rebuild Tracking

5 minutes ago, OC Transpo/STO Fan said:

If I recall correctly, it was mentioned on here that broken or otherwise malfunctioning rear signs were not dealt with during rebuild as they were not budgeted for.

I understand. It was just an observation. The buses just go in for minor body work and a full paint job since they were rebfurbished a few years ago 

58 minutes ago, PCC Guy said:

Can anyone recommend the best station to photograph as many 1000s as possible?

Runnymede, Keele, Dundas West, Eglinton West and Eglinton Stations are the best but others might be good, it depends on the day. You could also go to Mt. Dennis Garage and photograph them as they leave and enter throughout the day. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, PCC Guy said:

Can anyone recommend the best station to photographs as many 1000s as posisible?

It depends on the day. Eglinton West and Eglinton have the 32, and that most of the time is OG hybrids, with a few 12 13 14 thrown in and maybe 2 or 3 15 16.

Keele is good on the weekends, as the 41 is not artics and again is usually OG with a few NG as well. Same with the 89.

Dundas West is good for the 505 Streetcar Shuttle. Also the 168.

I would also recommend Ossington station. The 94 and 161 always have OG on them.  

Runnymede Is ok. I usually see them on 79.

I personally use St Clair West. Only one route out of Mount Dennis, which Is the 126. A small route, but Is always guarnteed to get an OG, and most of the time the other bus on the route on the weekdays Is also an OG. Would not fan this route on weekends, while weekdays should be good though. Another route Is the 127, again same as the 126.

The 6 and 26 are again routes that often get OG as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, PCC Guy said:

Can anyone recommend the best station to photograph as many 1000s as possible?

I think most have been said already.

I also recommend the 32 although you'll have to work around the Crosstown construction. Eglinton West Stn would see the most of them since the 32D terminates there. Maybe Eg and Keele on the weekend where you get both 32 and 41s.

Rogers and Keele/Weston area isn't bad, you got the 41 (weekends), 89, 161, 168, [941, 989 (rush hour)] which is only a km south of Eg.

6 is bad for weekends, the lack of buses on Bay makes it worthless. You really need to go in rush hour for the 6. 94 is only busy east of Wellesley but you'll see the same 2 buses on the 94B on weekends, they're interlined with 94A on weekdays.

---

The 52 used to be an excellent route for them. After the swap, now they are good for 8100s. Sometimes the 1000s makes it out on the 29/929.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1090 and 1091 have joined the others mentioned above at Hillcrest. Also, be on the look out for 1084, 1086 and 1088 in the next few days. Transsee was reporting them at Hillcrest, and have recently left. 1084 and 1086 are in service on 32 while 1088 is at Mount Dennis.

• Like 1

1085 never made it down to Hillcrest for repaint. Whoever mentioned that 1085 was repainted, must have seen that 1085 was in service along with the other 108x on the tracker, and thought that it was repainted, but did not check to see if it was at Hillcrest before.

1061 1063 1069 are at Hillcrest. 1090 1091 left Hillcrest and must have only gone down for repairs, as both are back in service on 505 and 71.

• Like 1