TTC Orion VII Diesel & Hybrid Rebuild Tracking

2 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

Is this a way to keep Hillcrest busy? TTC has an increasing capital budget deficit and yet they are doing this. If it's not totally necessary I think this is a complete waste of money. The NGs just got body work a couple years ago and yet they are going back. hmmmm

So what’s your suggestion?

The couple of hundred full time unionized tradesmen there have mortgages to pay and mouths to feed. A complete waste of money would be to have them push brooms around for weeks on end while technical services re tools for the artic rebuild. Those guys are showing up at 7 am wether they have buses to work on or not.....you can’t just furlough them or arbitrarily scatter them to various divisions and shifts.

1 hour ago, TTC 9701 said:

Could be that those Hybrids are proven more reliable than the rest.

Actually, they have. Relatively speaking of course.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, BusFanForever said:

1423 has been repainted. FYI there has been word from management that the OG hybrids may be receiving the same body work and repaint into the new scheme as the remaining rebuilt NG hybrids. Not sure if or when this may be happening but the idea is being considered.

yup confirmed repainted, saw this while heading to st clair banh cuon pho ga restaurant

20190126_120020.jpg

20190126_120024.jpg

• Like 1

I guess it's official, 1071 has been repainted into the LFLRV livery. It arrived back at Mt Dennis this afternoon. No picts but it looks mostly the same as the NG's with a couple of minor tweaks. I noticed the front fleet# is black on white and they installed "hybrid electric" lettering on the body above the first passenger windows on both sides of the bus. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5

51 minutes ago, BusFanForever said:

I guess it's official, 1071 has been repainted into the LFLRV livery. It arrived back at Mt Dennis this afternoon. No picts but it looks mostly the same as the NG's with a couple of minor tweaks. I noticed the front fleet# is black on white and they installed "hybrid electric" lettering on the body above the first passenger windows on both sides of the bus. 

(JOKE INCOMING): Told y'all a 1000 series OG HEV would get a repaint. 'bout time an OG HEV got some love. First person who has photos please share, as it will become my new wallpaper.

On 1/25/2019 at 7:58 PM, Shaun said:

How many years of service would those buses have left?  If it extends their service life I think it's worth it. 

My guess is until 2022-2205. Even that would be pushing it. But as bus medic and TTC 9701 said, they are different from the rest of the TTC's hybrids. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, TTC Guy said:

Already reported, next time please check the wiki and above posts

Uh no. The unit was reported In refurbishment. Not ready for service.

Edit: I didn't see that it was marked as refurbished on the wiki. My apologies. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/8/2019 at 7:03 PM, BusFanForever said:

somebody said they spotted 1000-1005 at Hillcrest.  They may be up for repaint soon.

19 minutes ago, Kelvin3157 said:

Not my pic, here's 1071 (credits: transit_photography on instagram)

51311979_310942716438304_3169667539166304872_n.png?width=641&height=427

Here's another difference I noticed: On the NGs, the front of the bus has white in front of the front door going up to the destination sign (on both sides). This OG has black instead. I don't mind it actually.

I will say that the fleet number is the only odd thing about this bus. Everything else is great otherwise. Definitely resembles its NG counterpart!