TTC Orion VII Diesel & Hybrid Rebuild Tracking

2 hours ago, DAT_28 said:

It isn’t. I saw it on Thursday on 56

Also it technically isn't possible for 8322 to have finished rebuild before 8316 since they are doing rebuilds in chronological order.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rami A. said:

Also it technically isn't possible for 8322 to have finished rebuild before 8316 since they are doing rebuilds in chronological order.

Do we know this for a fact, or did they just happen to select units in numerical order?

Like usual, we can't just assume that units were rebuilt just because they were tracking at Hillcrest for how many days or weeks. If someone were to go looking for those units and can confirm that they're rebuilt then that is better than spreading rumours of false sightings.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PCC Guy said:

Do we know this for a fact, or did they just happen to select units in numerical order?

They are just happening to select units in numerical order. 8322 was the only one that for some reason hasn't gone for rebuild yet while 8323-8326 have started their rebuilds.

10 minutes ago, Rami A. said:

They are just happening to select units in numerical order. 8322 was the only one that for some reason hasn't gone for rebuild yet while 8323-8326 have started their rebuilds.

Remember that #8300 and #8307 are still in different refurbishment stages as well.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Rami A. said:

I saw 8323 which was on the 42 Apr 18 or 19.

5 hours ago, OC Transpo/STO Fan said:

We're not even sure if they're building buses in chronological order, or if they're just picking random buses.

based on how the orion 7 are retired, the rebuilt candidates may be depend on whether the MTO sticker has expired or of course in a very rough shape.   

18 minutes ago, leylandvictory2 said:

based on how the orion 7 are retired, the rebuilt candidates may be depend on whether the MTO sticker has expired or of course in a very rough shape.   

So the 7s are rebuilt based on how rough the body is? 

So if 8301 was in better shape than 8307 for example, 8307 would get rebuilt first?

8300 has officially been rebuilt. It was parked outside of Duncan with 8312, 8313 & 8314 early last week. The reason the bus is not back in service is beyond me.

8322 has not been sent through the refurbishment stage, period. The bus broke down at the latter end of last week.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Rami A. said:

Way more than 2 weeks. It's been there for MONTHS. Oh and btw it's not actually in the lake lol.

It's blue. What do you guys call it?

13 hours ago, TechnicaProductions said:

8300 hasn't been in service for about a year, I believe it's the rebuild prototype based on what was mentioned here a while back

I have been checking the tracker daily for a month or so and it has been blue for 3 weeks. They must have taken the tracker recently because before it was tracking at Bathurst and Davenport (Hillcrest Shops)

9 minutes ago, Ontario_Transit said:

I have been checking the tracker daily for a month or so and it has been blue for 3 weeks. They must have taken the tracker recently because before it was tracking at Bathurst and Davenport (Hillcrest Shops)

Sometimes when a unit is being repaired or in this case rebuilt, they usually turn off their trackers and usually when a tracker is dead, the tracker uses the default coordinates which is usually in the lake. However, that doesn't mean that the unit is in the lake.

By the way, welcome to the board @Ontario_Transit 

20 minutes ago, Shemar said:

Sometimes when a unit is being repaired or in this case rebuilt, they usually turn off their trackers and usually when a tracker is dead, the tracker uses the default coordinates which is usually in the lake. However, that doesn't mean that the unit is in the lake.

By the way, welcome to the board @Ontario_Transit 

Thanks! I didn't know but now I do. I think this is the same as 8159. That bus was out of service for a year or so. I guess that is what they do with the prototype unit.

9 minutes ago, Ontario_Transit said:

Thanks! I didn't know but now I do. I think this is the same as 8159. That bus was out of service for a year or so. I guess that is what they do with the prototype unit.

Not only the prototype units that get their trackers turned off. Take a look at the GPS location of 8307.

https://www.transsee.ca/fleetfind?a=ttc&q=8307&Go=Go