TTC Orion VII Diesel & Hybrid Rebuild Tracking

24 minutes ago, Sutharsan said:

Do you guys think that all of the 1000 series will go back again for repainting the new livery on buses at this time? 

They look fine with their new shiny paint!

22 minutes ago, Xtrazsteve said:

They can just do the Miway approach. All buses would either retire or repainted at rebuilt.

They've already been rebuilt...

18 minutes ago, bus_7246 said:

The last of the 2006 VII hybrids left to find: 1005, 1025, 1037, 1054 & 1107

1002, 1003, 1099 & 1123 have been spotted respectively. Am I missing any other OG's?

1094 and 1131.

30 minutes ago, dayone said:

They look fine with their new shiny paint!

They've already been rebuilt...

I meant the entire fleet. Those units that are rebuilt (all the OG's) will just retire in the current livery. The Nova's and NGs could get the new paint job. New bus orders can get the new looks too.

1 hour ago, bus_7246 said:

The last of the 2006 VII hybrids left to find: 1005, 1025, 1037, 1054 & 1107

1002, 1003, 1099 & 1123 have been spotted respectively. Am I missing any other OG's?

1002, 1005, 1025, 1037 have been in service at least for 2 months or more.

With 1003, 1054, 1094, 1099, 1107, 1123, 1131 that have been mentioned, we still have 1082.

35 minutes ago, Xtrazsteve said:

I meant the entire fleet. Those units that are rebuilt (all the OG's) will just retire in the current livery. The Nova's and NGs could get the new paint job. New bus orders can get the new looks too.

Doubt it. They just rebuilt the #74xx-#80xx 3-4 years ago! 

Same situation with some Fishbowls (pre-1995) and the Flyer buses (#82xx, #83xx, #84xx), they were also retired with the 1980-1995 livery. AFAIK, the last buses with the Maroon and cream likely vanished by sometime 1991 or 1992. Correct me if i'm wrong.

1 hour ago, Sutharsan said:

Do you guys think that all of the 1000 series will go back again for repainting the new livery on buses at this time? 

AFAIK, TTC repainted the buses in this livery since 1995 before the #7000-#7134 batch came in. The process just took six years to do so.

43 minutes ago, 16 McCowan said:

Doubt it. They just rebuilt the #74xx-#80xx 3-4 years ago! 

Same situation with some Fishbowls (pre-1995) and the Flyer buses (#82xx, #83xx, #84xx), they were also retired with the 1980-1995 livery. AFAIK, the last buses with the Maroon and cream likely vanished by sometime 1991 or 1992. Correct me if i'm wrong.

AFAIK, TTC repainted the buses in this livery since 1995 before the #7000-#7134 batch came in. The process just took six years to do so.

The 7400s are going to retire in 5 years! So are these OG hybrids. They won't last 18 years unless TTC really runs low in their capital budget. Once the LRTs open, they can go.

Really a waste of money and time to repaint them all if you ask me.

• Like 1

Why didn't the TTC order the LFS in this scheme instead of having them delivered in the old scheme and spend money to repaint them? Makes no sense!

When the STM wanted a new scheme on the bus, they were delivered as such, sure they were mosified afterwards, but it only affected a few units and not the entire order.

11 hours ago, Sutharsan said:

You're daft.

8 hours ago, MTL66 said:

Why didn't the TTC order the LFS in this scheme instead of having them delivered in the old scheme and spend money to repaint them? Makes no sense!

When the STM wanted a new scheme on the bus, they were delivered as such, sure they were mosified afterwards, but it only affected a few units and not the entire order.

Relax dude. The novas are only a vinyl wrap.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MTL66 said:

It makes a lot of sense actually

The new livery probably wasnt finalized for starters.

6 hours ago, Kelvin3157 said:

Are the NG rebuilds are gonna have the rear black doors like the other previous rebuilds or are they gonna have those Amerview Vapor doors like that 1556 has?

I believe (unless there was a change that no one was notified of) that the NG hybrid refurbs will recieve the same door that the OG refurbs recieved. I think this bus even recieved the door as well, but too many employees were around to catch a shot of the curbside of the bus. 

3 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

They're ALL vapor doors. Only difference is an aluminum plate of the same dimensions where the lower glass would be.

using glass that low down would be a very bad idea. We go through tons of front door windows as it is.

So the rebuilds are going to have the 81xx rears doors? Are they also going to keep the front doors as it is or switch to the EPA 10 fronts?

7 hours ago, Bus_Medic said:

They're ALL vapor doors. Only difference is an aluminum plate of the same dimensions where the lower glass would be.

using glass that low down would be a very bad idea. We go through tons of front door windows as it is.

Hmmmm now what did the TTC buy the Novas with full height glass doors.

10 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

Hmmmm now what did the TTC buy the Novas with full height glass doors.

They didn't.

exit doors have the aluminum plate, unfortunately the contours of the frame dictate the size of the glass panes.

14 hours ago, Kelvin3157 said:

So the rebuilds are going to have the 81xx rears doors? Are they also going to keep the front doors as it is or switch to the EPA 10 fronts?

Use your deductive reasoning for a second and consider this:

all body refurbishments on the Orion 7s up to now have entailed replacing the rear doors, and keeping the existing fronts.

going by past practice, what the hell makes you think that they'd change the procedure?

• Like 1