Georgetown Transit Services?

Very interesting discovery for those interested...Aparently Halton Hills has been planning for the implementation of a new transit service in Georgetown in the while (according to the report 2006, but '06 is almost over so...? :) ). The Consultants report recommends a 3-route transit system (operating initially to meet GO Trains in the AM and PM), with two School Special Routes. If implemented we can add another fledgling transit system to the GTA. :P

http://www.haltonhills.ca/civic/engin/pdfs...resentation.pdf PDF FILE!!!

Cutaways. :)

Yes, Activan service is currently running right now, which is Dial to pickup. The Town of Halton Hills wants to take over the service running while contracting the drivers, which may happen in the future.

Interesting news indeed. I remember hearing rumours of Brampton Transit operating some limited service in the Georgetown area a few years back. Georgetown is a growing population and there is definetly a market for transit service. The current GO service is not commuter friendly unless one travels during the peak hours on weekdays. I wonder if the gent who failed with Bolton transit (Metis Transit) will bid for these services?

• 10 months later...

I think they all ready had transit service before.

it was a few more than 6 buses

so maybe they will try again.

And yes they did have some from ST. Catharines.

Here`s some info

GUELPH TRANSPORTATION COMMISSION DISPOSALS

No Make Model Date Operator Location P/S

== ==== ============== ==== ===============================

17 FORD 49B Georgetown Transportation Georgetown ON

18 FORD 49B Georgetown Transportation Georgetown ON

60 GMC TGH-3102 JL65 Georgetown Transportation Georgetown ON

61 GMC TGH-3102 FE65 Georgetown Transportation Georgetown ON

• 6 years later...

So there is some kind of service running in the area. I was just passing through Georgetown and I seen a cutaway looks exact like the passports ETS uses but white. It was servicing a stop with a bus shelter. I have heard in the past about an ELF running around but am not sure if it's retired.

There is no municipal transit service in Halton Hills (Georgetown). Town council has consistently chosen not to provide this service. Limited options include Activan, GO Transit or taxi.

I haven't been able to find anything online about a general public transit service in Halton Hills (Georgetown/Acton).

• 1 year later...

Went to Acton today and found the ActiVan yard. 691 is a 2014 IC Bus Eldorado Passport and may be the only type in Ontario. There are a total of 3 vans and 1 bus. There are two MV-1's numbered 695 and 696 along with a Chevrolet Uplander LS Entervan not numbered. Tyler Transport has been the contractor for many years. The Passport seems to be the only unit in the livery. There is also a Tyler Transport cutaway that looks to be a spare unit. They had past vehicles but the only one I noted was a Ford Overland ELF and possibly another cutaway which is still there but retired. Here are some pics attached.

Halton Hills ActiVan 695-a.jpg

Halton Hills ActiVan 696-a.jpg

Halton Hills ActiVan no number-a.jpg

Halton Hills ActiVan 691-a.jpg

27405716744_d92440c70a_b.jpg

27941593061_2d87216ed6_b.jpg

• 1 year later...

Heard from a Brampton Transit operator many weeks ago that they won a contract to operate transit to Georgetown. Ran across this thread so I thought might as well ask if anyone can confirm or deny this, or if they've heard anything about it.

5 hours ago, AmanKh said:

Heard from a Brampton Transit operator many weeks ago that they won a contract to operate transit to Georgetown. Ran across this thread so I thought might as well ask if anyone can confirm or deny this, or if they've heard anything about it.

There is a plan to have a transit service in place by Spring 2019 using the full size ActiVan buses (ie; Arboc, Promaster, Passport and the recently acquired G5 from Tyler Transport)

Link attached here

https://www.theifp.ca/news-story/8097920-have-your-say-town-looking-to-develop-made-in-halton-hills-transit-solution/

• 7 months later...