Page for Bus Orders

MVTArider

FYI I have added a page to the wiki specifically for posting bus orders for the various transit agencies out there:

http://cptdb.ca/wiki...nsit_Bus_Orders

Please add any known orders to the lists as long as they are from a reliable source or can be referenced with a press release, or board minutes. No hearsay, rumors, speculation, or guessing please. Also this is for orders to be delivered in the coming months/year/years, not recently received orders.

If you're not a wiki editor but want an order added just post a link to the source here.

I think with the vast pool of knowledge we have here we can get a pretty good picture of what's going on for bus orders :)

Thanks guys :)

Yes, the one challenge will be clearing completed orders, as long as some delivery info like a year or month is noted though it probably will be alright.

SDMTS order is added. I left the model blank though since we can't say for certain they're C40LFR and not XN40.

Edit: After seeing confirmation that they are indeed C40LFR I added it.

Edited by MVTArider

I was wondering about NJT, I assume they still have 416.15 in delivery, but that page was last updated almost a year ago so I'm not sure if they're still being delivered or not.

Thanks! I have to agree with you.

Here are 20 New Flyer (XN40!) buses being delivered to Culver City by the end of this month.

http://newflyer.com/index/news-app/story.109

SOUTHWEST OHIO REGIONAL TRANSIT AUTHORITY in Cincinnati has started taking delivery of an order of 45 40 foot buses from Gillig.

They are equipped with the EMP "mini-hybrid" electric cooling system.

Delivery is expected to be complete by the end of summer 2012.

http://www.metro-magazine.com/News/Story/2012/05/SORTA-unveils-five-mini-hybrid-buses.aspx

http://www.go-metro.com/uploads/pdfs/Minutes_5_11.pdf

Quoting George L.:

"Foothill Transit will be exercising options for 14 additional NABI 42-BRT units from North American Bus Industries at a cost of $8,097,586. As always, they will be CNG powered. According the Strategic Planning Workshop back in February, the plan is to have these new units to be in a similar configuration as the Commuter Express fleet (the 2002 Orion V's).

In addition, Foothill is about to exercise options for 9 additional Proterra BE-35 electric buses at a projected cost of $10.8 million. These will be identical to the current "Ecoliners" currently in service on Line 291 in Pomona and La Verne. It seems most likely that the new Proterra units will be used to fully electrify Line 291, judging from past documents."

Sources:

Strategic Planning Workshop- February 17th, 2011

Executive Board Meeting- March 25th, 2011

NORWALK (I believe in California) will spend about $7.66 million for 14 new Gillig buses, which will use compressed natural gas.

Transportation Director James Parker said the CNG buses will replace 14 older, gasoline-using vehicles. He said gas costs about $3.90 a gallon while a comparable unit of CNG will cost just 79 to 95 cents. The 40-foot buses, seating about 39 people each, with handicapped boarding equipment, are expected about the first of the year, Parker said.

http://wavenewspaper...1a4bcf6878.html

Question for you guys.

I have a reliable source at Kingston Transit who tells me that 1 more XD40 is to be delivered soon and 10 more are on order.

However I can't find any other source for this info but trust my source as he has never been wrong before.

How would you place that on your list?

NORWALK (I believe in California) will spend about $7.66 million for 14 new Gillig buses, which will use compressed natural gas.

Added, Man you're good at finding orders :D

Question for you guys.

Well I realize there are valid sources out there who you can't exactly link to, so I'd say it's fine to go ahead and list it as long as it's a reliable source. I just don't want the list filling up with hearsay or speculation. For example I talked with one driver once and he said he heard Southwest Transit was buying NovaBus artics, however that wasn't correct, it was just a rumor probably started by them demoing an LFX for a couple weeks. Another example is I'm pretty sure Rochester Public Transit will be getting new Gillig LF sometime this year or next to replace old units, based on a copy of a contract I have. However I have no definite source or confirmation that RPT has actually exercised the options and will be getting buses.

BTW, what do you guys think about adding a category for orders where the manufacturer is unknown? La Crosse MTU and Eau Claire Transit both have new Hybrids coming, but I have no idea who they will be from. I can guess Gillig, but again they could be New Flyer, Eldo or NABI for all I know.

Thanks, MVTArider! I would be interested in learning how to edit the page. I don't know how.

BTW, did I see your input over at Chicagobus.org?

Well I realize there are valid sources out there who you can't exactly link to, so I'd say it's fine to go ahead and list it as long as it's a reliable source.

I agree, but I think we need a high standard as to what is considered reliable. Someone at a TA who has never been wrong before is good enough for me.

BTW, what do you guys think about adding a category for orders where the manufacturer is unknown? La Crosse MTU and Eau Claire Transit both have new Hybrids coming, but I have no idea who they will be from. I can guess Gillig, but again they could be New Flyer, Eldo or NABI for all I know.

I love the idea of a category for unknown manufacturer. That would give us clues to try and track down.

Thanks, MVTArider! I would be interested in learning how to edit the page. I don't know how.

BTW, did I see your input over at Chicagobus.org?

You can request to be a wiki editor here. The best way to learn is really to just try it out yourself, if you make a mistake or two you'll catch them when you preview the page and then you can correct it. It's pretty easy to get the hang of it though by just copying a line and then editing the information to match what you're adding, (agency name, number of units, etc.)

Here's what one row in a bus order chart looks like in wiki code:

|- align="center"

| align="left" | [[North County Transit District]] - Oceanside, CA || [[New Flyer Industries XN40|XN40]] || 18 for FY2012, 12 for FY2013<ref>[http://search.yahoo....Procurement.pdf NCTD: Sole Source Contract Award for 30 CNG Transit Buses to New Flyer Industries 01-19-2012] Retrieved on June 1st, 2012</ref> ||

Link to wiki page, with the [[text|txt]] the first part is the page name the link is referring too (Must match page title exactly including capitalization), and the second part is the abbreviation used if needed.

The "II" section lines separate the text into the correct cells.

This is the part that produces the small reference number, it needs to have <ref> at the start and </ref> at the end. One set of brackets [ ] is used for external links (non CPTDB wiki pages). Paste the reference in the brackets, then type a space and add a description for the link which will appear in the reference section at the bottom of the page, after the end bracket I like to add a Retrieved on date.

I've been a ChicagoBus.org member for years, joined back in 2008 :)

----

EDIT: I did some digging on the Santa Monica order, they're piggybacking off the State of MN cooperative purchasing contract. According to this staff report: http://www.santa-monica.org/departments/council/agendas/2012/20120612/2012%200612%203B.htm Gillig was the cheapest and most cost effective in terms of aftermarket support and options. New Flyer would have been an extra 1.2 million, and existing NABI options would have been an extra 2.3 million.

Edited by MVTArider

You can request to be a wiki editor here. The best way to learn is really to just try it out yourself, if you make a mistake or two you'll catch them when you preview the page and then you can correct it.

Thanks! Maybe I will try my hand at the wiki later in the summer when I'll have more time. I am grateful to all of you wiki editors out there!

CTA chicago has firm orders for 100 New Flyer artics off Seattle options, 67 hybrid, 33 diesel. In addition, two battery-electric 40-foot Flyer Xelsiors were ordered. There are proposals out to rebuild 1029 of the 1000-series New Flyers (1 is already retired - can't confirm which one yet!), plus 325 40 footers, the intent being to replace the 6400-6883 series Novas.