The CPTDB would like to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!

sdgta2008

OC Transpo Rural Partners

5 hours ago, Oc4526 said:

I was thinking the same 

Then there’s also Evens bus lines out of Newington Ont. 

I could see Evans taking the Cornwall and Avonmore/Finch runs possibly...  417 Bus Lines could retake the Alexandria run they sold to Delaney when Transit Eastern Ontario folded.

On 7/10/2018 at 3:45 PM, sdgta2008 said:

If 417 Bus Line get the runs, I wonder if they'll take a look at Delaney's long waiting list and maybe add a second bus from Cornwall.

417 is no officially operating the Avonmore , and Cornwall services !! Spotted an EX Delaney H3-45 Branded 417 Buslines leaving Place Portage today

https://www.417busline.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/route516.pdf

https://www.417busline.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Route515.pdf

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sdgta2008 said:

Did it still have the old Delaney decals on it or is it all white now...?

yes Delaney Colours but Instead of Delaney it says 417 Bus lines now 

Last week I passed the Evans Bus Lines commuter bus on Highway 417.  It had the bike rack sticker on the back but there was no bike rack installed on the front.  Has anyone heard what happened to red Thomas Built SafTliner?  It wasn't that old....

On August 23, 2018 at 4:48 PM, dev161 said:

417 is no officially operating the Avonmore , and Cornwall services !! Spotted an EX Delaney H3-45 Branded 417 Buslines leaving Place Portage today

https://www.417busline.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/route516.pdf

https://www.417busline.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Route515.pdf

Who owns that bus now?? What does it look like?? RN??

33 minutes ago, ViaRail6440 said:

Who owns that bus now?? What does it look like?? RN??

417 owns the buses , they look exactly the same but they removed the DELANEY name and put 417 BUSLINES name on

But where do the buses stay? Are they located at Casleman Yard or are they still in Cornwall?  If there at Cornwall, it not bad, but if there at Casleman, then they got to travel from c

Casleman to Cornwall to start there run, then to Ottawa, then back to Casleman, then in the afternoon, back to Ottawa to start the afternoon run, Ottawa to Cornwall, then back to Casleman? A lot of travel time for the driver &  coach?

24 minutes ago, MCIBUS said:

But where do the buses stay? Are they located at Casleman Yard or are they still in Cornwall?  If there at Cornwall, it not bad, but if there at Casleman, then they got to travel from c

Casleman to Cornwall to start there run, then to Ottawa, then back to Casleman, then in the afternoon, back to Ottawa to start the afternoon run, Ottawa to Cornwall, then back to Casleman? A lot of travel time for the driver &  coach?

There's not much of a difference from when Delaney ran their commuter routes being as their barn is in Avonmore.  However, I believe some buses spend the day in coach lots in downtown Ottawa or in Hull.

31 minutes ago, sdgta2008 said:

There's not much of a difference from when Delaney ran their commuter routes being as their barn is in Avonmore.  However, I believe some buses spend the day in coach lots in downtown Ottawa or in Hull.

Some buses park up in the car park at St Laurent Mall

On 9/13/2018 at 10:14 AM, dev161 said:

417 owns the buses , they look exactly the same but they removed the DELANEY name and put 417 BUSLINES name on

On the legals yes, but the wrap itself on bus # 901 still prominently displays Delaney Bus Lines.  Got a pretty good look at it today as it was on a charter.

6 minutes ago, Michel said:

On the legals yes, but the wrap itself on bus # 901 still prominently displays Delaney Bus Lines.  Got a pretty good look at it today as it was on a charter.

What?!?! They didn't retire 901?!?!  I'm shocked 417 Bus Lines purchased it....

7 hours ago, Michel said:

the ones I'm talking about are not the one that is wrapped in the Cornwall hot air ballon

It appears that the contract between the city of Clarence-Rockland and Leduc Bus Lines (and likely CR Transpo all together) is coming to an end on August 31st.  It looks like the city is moving more towards full privatization of transit services.

7 hours ago, sdgta2008 said:

It appears that the contract between the city of Clarence-Rockland and Leduc Bus Lines (and likely CR Transpo all together) is coming to an end on August 31st.  It looks like the city is moving more towards full privatization of transit services.

I wonder what's going to happen to the vehicles. Specifically the Novas. Or perhaps they will renew the contract. Perhaps they're negotiating a deal. We don't know yet.

7 hours ago, Chris W said:

I wonder what's going to happen to the vehicles. Specifically the Novas. Or perhaps they will renew the contract. Perhaps they're negotiating a deal. We don't know yet.

From what I've read it's possible that Leduc may try to negotiate with the city to run the service on their own.  If they don't, I'm sure 2 out of 3 of those buses are ready for retirement. They could possibly keep the 2008 Nova for the Carleton Place run.

12 hours ago, sdgta2008 said:

From what I've read it's possible that Leduc may try to negotiate with the city to run the service on their own.  If they don't, I'm sure 2 out of 3 of those buses are ready for retirement. They could possibly keep the 2008 Nova for the Carleton Place run.

It wouldn't surprise me if they ordered a couple of buses as replacements for not only those Novas but also the older buses. Mind you, they only really go out twice a day so it's not as bad. 

Also what vehicles do the other smaller companies run on their routes? When I say that, I don't mean 417 Bus Lines which has the majority of them.

44 minutes ago, Chris W said:

Also what vehicles do the other smaller companies run on their routes? When I say that, I don't mean 417 Bus Lines which has the majority of them.

From what I've seen for the

Ottawa -> Kemptville route its been a Small cutaway most of the time.

The Manawalki route has a flat nosed coach.

Evans Bus lines,  From what I've seen they have a large black cutaway (it seems the 2 flat nosed coaches were retired) 

Not sure on what Howard bus service uses on Rte 509 (I've never been able to catch it)

In other news. The Regional Pass is being discontinued as of March 31st!

(This is the last Paper based pass.)

Screenshot_20190308-224509_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2bcd4fccf676cdc6752cf102b359a8d1.jpg

I've never paid much attention to routes, but I believe Howard's uses a school bus for the 509; I've seen it a few times on the Transitway.