sdgta2008

OC Transpo Rural Partners

Spotted an ex-Tim Hortons J4500 running for Leduc Bus Lines today.  Was a bit far to get the # but it's in plain brown paint w/wrap removed.  I heard they have at least 3 of these coaches.

There's currently 2  417 Coach line coaches wrapped for Canada's 150th   I caught one of them today on Laurier E . 

The curb side is in English. 

20160422_211226.jpg

On April 21, 2016 at 9:02 PM, Michel said:

Spotted an ex-Tim Hortons J4500 running for Leduc Bus Lines today.  Was a bit far to get the # but it's in plain brown paint w/wrap removed.  I heard they have at least 3 of these coaches.

Yes, they bought three ex-Tim Horton's buses. Kept one in Rockland (#3948, 2011) and sent 2 to Classic Alliance in Carleton Place (#3947, 2009 and #3949, 2013)

On April 12, 2016 at 8:48 AM, sdgta2008 said:

Unless I'm mistaken, I think the contract between CR Transpo and Leduc Bus Lines is due to expire this year.  From what I understand the City of Clarence-Rockland will be adding the potential for inter-community and local transit in the area as part of the parameters for contract renewal/new contract.  Has anyone heard any chatter in regards to this?

Still a few years left on the contract. I doubt there will be local transit anytime soon. 

So it seems Thom is calling it quits. Apparently their last day of operation is August 5th. A memo was sent to all employees.

It could be true, but also it could be a play to 1) sell the company and/or 2) get rid of the union. 

That leaves a line run from Perth/Carleton Place vacant. Interesting development.

If true

I can see either Leduc or 417 picking it up or even a new player in the game.

Doesn't Thom Transport also offer school bus service?

They used to have school buses but sold them a few years ago. To either Campeau or La Quebecoise, I don't remember exactly.

Thom itself isn't worth much, with their old and poorly-maintained fleet, but there might be a battle for some of their jobs, like the army contracts.

Tomorrow Thom closes its doors. No one seems to know what the hell is going on? Will there be a line run Monday? Who knows...

I'm not sure who'll take over but I suspect either 417 Bus Lines, Leduc or possibly ?? forgot the name at the moment.

But there only a few coach companies in the Ottawa area?

Neither Leduc or 417 will take over these runs. Mr. Thom was and is still very secretive about the sale/closing on Thom Transportation. 

It seems a company with no experience in the motorcoach world has bought what is left of Thom and will try to run it. I'll hold off naming names for now in case things change. The whole situation is really difficult to follow. In any case, it will be an interesting August.

In today's world it very hard to start a coach company unless you have experience individuals running the company? Non the less I wish who ever the individual/company is good  luck?

On August 5, 2016 at 8:16 AM, Jay_L said:

Neither Leduc or 417 will take over these runs. Mr. Thom was and is still very secretive about the sale/closing on Thom Transportation. 

It seems a company with no experience in the motorcoach world has bought what is left of Thom and will try to run it. I'll hold off naming names for now in case things change. The whole situation is really difficult to follow. In any case, it will be an interesting August.

if i were to guess its campeau ... they seem to be expanding like crazy 

Yeah, I was talking about the line run, being taken over by someone with no motorcoach experience. 

On the charter side i'm not too worried for them. Bell Horizon is one of the biggest motorcoach companies in Quebec. Over 60 coaches last I heard.

On August 8, 2016 at 3:33 PM, Jay_L said:

Yeah, I was talking about the line run, being taken over by someone with no motorcoach experience. 

On the charter side i'm not too worried for them. Bell Horizon is one of the biggest motorcoach companies in Quebec. Over 60 coaches last I heard.

wonder if campeau will use school buses or use thoms coaches ? 

I was in Rockland for the first time in a while on Monday night.  When I left I saw the 2008 LFS out of service leaving St-Pascal, I assume it was finishing its run on Route 535.  I thought the 1st 535 trip was run by a coach bus...

Not bad. I wouldn't use it as a commuter coach or touring coach to old and would cost to much to retro fit it with new seats and interior, better as a conversion coach into a motor home.

The reason I wouldn't use it as commuter coach or touring coach customers want new not a 28 year old bus. Just look at the rural partners their coaches are basically not more  then 8 years  at best?

I heard that Delaney Bus Lines has sold their business and that their commuter routes are up for grabs; however, I've also heard that the services will cease if there's no buyer by August 1st.

6 hours ago, sdgta2008 said:

I heard that Delaney Bus Lines has sold their business and that their commuter routes are up for grabs; however, I've also heard that the services will cease if there's no buyer by August 1st.

Thanks for the info.  According to this article, they are searching for a buyer for both the company and / or the commuter route.  If no takers, it all shuts down for owner retirement:

http://www.standard-freeholder.com/2018/07/03/cornwall-ottawa-commuter-bus-service-is-for-sale

1 hour ago, MCIBUS said:

It possible that 417 Bus Lines or CRT might be interested in the routes but probably not the company.

I was thinking the same 

Then there’s also Evens bus lines out of Newington Ont.