OC Transpo Rural Partners

13 hours ago, MCIBUS said:

I suspect one of the other Rural may pick it up. But what they can't find another driver to do the work?

From what i read in the story, even though the route was never profitable , they kept it running because of the drivers commitment (from planing the route to selling tickets)

Its unfortunate that they have to cancel it, however I dont think that howerds has another driver like the current one. 

• 2 months later...
On 1/23/2020 at 10:46 PM, tomsbuspage said:

I spotted a Leduc LFS in Kanata this evening at about 5:45, running on route 11 Carling/Solandt.  Anyone know anything about this?

I believe they are running as a shuttle for DND Carling 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, MCIBUS said:

There not handi-cap accessible? Look at the front seating? Seats ovrer the two front wheels and small foot ledge no room for a wheelchair to pass. Interpreting? I wonder why there selling them? Did they loose any contracts? 

Transcollines has a suburban configured with the seats on the wheel well. The footplate folds up to allow a wheelchair through.

On 2/21/2020 at 7:46 PM, MCIBUS said:

There not handi-cap accessible? Look at the front seating? Seats ovrer the two front wheels and small foot ledge no room for a wheelchair to pass. Interpreting? I wonder why there selling them? Did they loose any contracts? 

They are selling them because the City of Clarence-Rockland isn't funding the transit service anymore. They announced that during the BHA convention that they were purchased by the city and when the funding was cut off, they decided not to keep them. The 530 and 535 still exist but they're under the Leduc Bus Lines moniker now.

• 1 month later...
On 2/21/2020 at 7:46 PM, MCIBUS said:

Like someone mentioned, the foot rests lifts up and the second row of seats lift up also to allow up to 2 wheelchairs.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 12/22/2021 at 1:45 PM, sdgta2008 said:

417 Bus Line is resuming routes 516, 528 (now serving Casselman), and 558 starting January 4th.

https://transpo.417busline.com/ 

Well that was short lived. They're not going ahead with the resumption of service due to the spike in cases. https://transpo.417busline.com/information/

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Mark Walton said:

Whatever happened to Transit Eastern Ontario? Did 417 operate the Casselman service under contract to TEO?

I believe it was/is all operated by 417 bus lines 

417 BL as themselves operate 516,528 and 558, and TEO operates their routes through them. However I haven’t seen them running in a long time, probably even before Covid started. A part of me thinks it was a project that fizzled out over time and wasn’t renewed

417 has no mention of it anywhere on their site or as a associated partner 

Just now, ZümmyZüm said:

• 4 months later...

I'm surprised they sold their business? I know it was a family run bussiness for many many years. Started out as a school bus service, later expanded into a motor coach addition. I wonder if their going to keep the name? Not sure where Roxborough is out of, I know 417 was out of Casleman. 

Was the purchase for both the School Bus Division & the Highway Coach Division or just the School Bus Division?

• 7 months later...