OC Transpo Rural Partners

• 4 weeks later...

I drove by Casselman this morning and noticed what looked like a brand new white MCI J4500 with a rear destination sign parked at 417 Bus Lines.

Also

CR Transpo is finally serving the southern area of Rockland (St-Jean St., Morris Village, and Caron St.). Two AM and PM trips on Route 530 have been diverted to that area, now known as Route 530A.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When looking through David Wyatt's transit history site, it came to my attention that the rural routes 540 and 541, formerly run by Wubs Bus Company, has been taken over by Evans Bus Lines, based in Newington. The primary fleet apparently consists of an IC Bus RE300 (number 158) and a Thomas Saf T Liner HDX (number 159).

Here's the link for those interested.

http://evansbuslines.com/charter-commuters/

When looking through David Wyatt's transit history site, it came to my attention that the rural routes 540 and 541, formerly run by Wubs Bus Company, has been taken over by Evans Bus Lines, based in Newington. The primary fleet apparently consists of an IC Bus RE300 (number 158) and a Thomas Saf T Liner HDX (number 159).

Here's the link for those interested.

http://evansbuslines.com/charter-commuters/

They also use a regular Lion Bus on occasion. Evans has been doing it for at least a year I think.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Unless I'm mistaken, I think the contract between CR Transpo and Leduc Bus Lines is due to expire this year.  From what I understand the City of Clarence-Rockland will be adding the potential for inter-community and local transit in the area as part of the parameters for contract renewal/new contract.  Has anyone heard any chatter in regards to this?