OC Transpo Rural Partners

I was in Rockland this evening, saw one of CR Transpo's Nova LFS on Laurier St at 7pm. It was too dark to get the number... It looks like they either added a roll sign or a printed cardboard for a destination sign with the 530 Clarence-Rockland displayed. I thought those buses had Axion LED signs...

I saw CRT 3931 yesterday on the Queensway with the sign you described, and this bus is equipped with the Axion sign. It's possible that the LED sign is broken and this is a temporary fix.

• 5 months later...

I recently spoke with Delaney Bus Lines about Route 515 from Cornwall, apparently there's a waiting list of 15 people to become monthly passholders. With 15 people paying $299/month for a pass, wouldn't that be enough to roll out their smaller coach for an additional trip?

They used to have their smaller IC Champion coach running on the service (+/- 30 passengers) before adding the current 45 footer. It might be a timing issue. For example if they run the smaller bus 1/2 hour after the first, some of those usually on the bigger bus might decide to stay later and then be out of luck with no room left on the 2nd run. Or vice versa.

On Average it cost about $500/day + mileage to charter a coach(40'45 foot).

So baased on ther firgures?

15 x $299=$4,485

So lets say @5 days/week @ 4 weeks thats 20 days

So asuming we take the $500 as a base vaule

we get 20 x $500=$10,000

so those 15 wouldn't cover the cost a full coach.

But here's the catch

Whats the chance of that coach being chartered 5 days a wek? Highly unlikely.The thing is Dealany is either leasing or purchased that coach which has to be paid for in some way. Having it sit there doesn't p[ay haviong it go out does

So based on a vaule

55 passengers

55 x $299=$16,445. Now thats asuming those who bought a pass use it 5 days a week.

I'm not sure how long it takes for a coach from Cornwall to Ottawa,

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I heard that 417 Bus Line is buying out Trillium Bus Lines.

Looks like that has become reality. Runs that had Trillium buses on them now have 417 bus line coaches. Also the DND shuttle services have brand new Ford Cutaways assigned to them now from 417.

• 1 month later...

Greyhound is cutting back on services between Cornwall and Ottawa. Effective September 11th they will only run Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. As a result, Delaney Bus Lines is considering their options on whether to expand on their current commuter services.

• 3 weeks later...

There are rumours flying around that major cuts for TEO (Transit Eastern Ontario) maybe coming in December or January. Appearantly there were a couple of town hall meetings regarding TEO's options this past week. From what I've heard from commuters, 417 Bus Lines wants to pull the coaches from TEO runs and replace them with school buses or school bus-like vehicles to save money. In addition they're considering cutting all service in Limoges and reducing service in Casselman. This is a major disapointment because it's not as if there's no ridership, these coaches are practically full. From what I understand, a lot of people have already left TEO and are now taking OC's route 232 from Vars which what I've been told has been packed to the door since the beginning of September.

• 3 weeks later...

There are rumours flying around that major cuts for TEO (Transit Eastern Ontario) maybe coming in December or January. Appearantly there were a couple of town hall meetings regarding TEO's options this past week. From what I've heard from commuters, 417 Bus Lines wants to pull the coaches from TEO runs and replace them with school buses or school bus-like vehicles to save money. In addition they're considering cutting all service in Limoges and reducing service in Casselman. This is a major disapointment because it's not as if there's no ridership, these coaches are practically full. From what I understand, a lot of people have already left TEO and are now taking OC's route 232 from Vars which what I've been told has been packed to the door since the beginning of September.

If I was Transit Eastern Ontario, I would start buying my own buses and hiring operators. Might cost a bit, but at least you'd be providing an actual service to the taxpayers, something 417 Bus Lines doesn't appear interested in doing.

That looks awesome! I'll keep an eye out for it while I wait for my Cornwall "billboard bus".

There's a contest going on at the radio station where if you spot bus you post a picture of it on Twitter with the hashtag #majicbus. If you're a twitter user and search for that you'll see a lot of photos. This post was NOT sponsored by Majic 100 :D

Found this on the Citizen iPhone app.

Ottawa Citizen: OTTAWA — South Mountain Stagecoach announced Tuesday its Rural Route 565 would be suspended indefinitely after efforts to fill just 10 more seats on the commuter service failed to attract enough custo (See the full text at http://www.ottawacit...8217/story.html)

I drove through South Mountain last week and the bus is in the guy's driveway with a 'For Sale' sign.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I actually saw one of their buses at Billings Bridge today and it actually did look pretty full.

I've seen three buses coming from that area reasonably full. They recently expended into Morrisburg. I hope Delaney steps in to pick up the slack along County Road 31 because that's going to leave a lot of people in that part of the region hanging... At least for the stops within Ottawa city limits, the people can make a push for Transpo to make further expansions into Greely.