OC Transpo Rural Partners

Good day folks,

I'm starting a new trend on Transpo's Rural Partners such as Delaney (Cornwall and SD&G), TEO, CR Transpo, Trillium (Embrun/Russell), Galland Service to Carleton Place, etc... Feel free any comments on spottings, expansions, cuts, news, and opinions. Thanks :)

SDGTA

• 4 weeks later...

I find it interesting how Thom Transportation has been listed as a company that you can get this pass with...I called them up since I live in Arnprior. I can use the 500 super express if I need to, but they told me that OC shouldn't have listed them since they want no part of the pass system. I'm sure you can all guess why. <_<

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you run a a Commuter service you need more then that to sustain your biz.

The reason 417,Thom Transport,CRT(LeDuc)(which is actually owned by 417) don't have issues running commuter services into Ottawa is they also do alot of charter work which cuts down their cost of doing biz.

• 4 weeks later...
Does any know if Greyhound buses pass through Rockland on the weekend? I tried the site and said there's only one eastbound bus stops in Rockland at 3am, but there are none going to Ottawa. It doesn't make any sense...

I found this link, and it looks as if you're right about the 3 AM stop, but at least there's a 1:40 AM stop westbound. :blink:

http://extranet.greyhound.com/Revsup/csked2/pdf/2717.pdf

Found this on the Citizen iPhone app.

Ottawa Citizen: OTTAWA — South Mountain Stagecoach announced Tuesday its Rural Route 565 would be suspended indefinitely after efforts to fill just 10 more seats on the commuter service failed to attract enough custo (See the full text at http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/South+Mountain+Stagecoach+route+suspended+want+passengers/7158217/story.html)

• 1 month later...

I was in Rockland this evening, saw one of CR Transpo's Nova LFS on Laurier St at 7pm. It was too dark to get the number... It looks like they either added a roll sign or a printed cardboard for a destination sign with the 530 Clarence-Rockland displayed. I thought those buses had Axion LED signs...

OK, I've been reading OC Transpo's website, and I'm slightly confused. If I read it right, then to use a regional monthly pass you must have a photo pass (OK...), which you can only get from a handful of OC Transpo Sales Centres (OK...), BUT you can't buy the regional monthly pass there - you have to buy from the provider! In other words, you have to buy the photo pass and the monthly pass from two separate places. Am I right, or have I missed something??