• 2 weeks later...

It was definitely nice to be riding the Routeahead bus. Jon and Desmond were great and it was an enjoyable and informative experience.

It continues all the way to the back of the bus.

Here is the back:

7659.jpg

Was the A/C on?

Only had the windows and roof hatch open without A/C today.

So, will this bus be put back in service at some point?

Mabe now that route ahead is done they will revert the bus back into service

Nope, I asked them that and was told it was a special events bus now.

How long would this bus last in the CT fleet, being withdrawn from active service? Would it see the 2020s, perhaps?

So, will this bus be put back in service at some point?

This question was already posted and answered at the top of this page.

How long would this bus last in the CT fleet, being withdrawn from active service? Would it see the 2020s, perhaps?

I don't know how long they plan on keeping it, but I'd imagine for several years yet. The bus has had quite a lot of changes made and money invested in it, and as well, serves not only as a great promotional tool bus as a practical one as well.

One possible use of the bus mentioned to me by a member of the RouteAhead team awhile back is to use it for community consultations for future transit projects (eg. North Central LRT) instead of having to rent out a community hall or other similar type space.

• 4 months later...

10174647726_2e7ae7c7ca_c.jpg

Love the green on black fleet numbers! Looks very neat. The front of the bus is still white. I voted too - only seemed appropriate to cast my vote inside a bus :lol:. Interesting setup inside. Three voting stations behind the front passenger side wheel well, a registration desk behind the front driverside wheel well, behind that, opposite the rear doors, are the ballot boxes, and at the very rear of the bus is where you are given your ballots.

Really cool pilot and kudos to the City for making it happen! Fairly steady when I was there around 9am.

I don't see why not... There's a photo right above your post...

I intend on using the bus tomorrow at Saddletowne after work... I suppose no pictures allowed?

You cannot photo inside any polling station in Canada as per the elections act. Outside is fair game of course.

You cannot photo inside any polling station in Canada as per the elections act. Outside is fair game of course.

That's what I was referring to - inside the bus.

Voted this evening. Walk in the front door, behind the drivers seat is where you register for the vote, they face to the centre of the bus and across the aisle are three voting booths. At the rear of the bus are the ballots being handed out. The ballot boxes are across the aisle from the back door. I might have chosen a different layout, but the seating worked for those involved. A good idea, and will be interesting if it's carried on in the next election.

Jon