Would the power draw of the A/C units be a major drawback to using it? I know that on many Calgary Transit D40LFs I've had experience with, when you shut the bus down and leave the lights on you can have a difficult time getting enough power from the battery to start the bus.

Would they not have to run the bus anyway to compensate for the power draw of the A/C unit?

I've noticed that myself, especially when you are in a non idle area and you put it in night park so that you can use the radio to talk or listen to control.

I think that this bus maybe special, because of the A/C they won't be able to shut it down, sort of defeats the purpose of having A/C if you shut it down on a hot day!

I've noticed that myself, especially when you are in a non idle area and you put it in night park so that you can use the radio to talk or listen to control.

I think that this bus maybe special, because of the A/C they won't be able to shut it down, sort of defeats the purpose of having A/C if you shut it down on a hot day!

If you notice the Motorcoach buses uses this the same time. Drawing the power isn't as much as what it's need.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wait. So they put it back into service? I'm assuming it's got a rear destination sign now and the seating has been reverted?

No. It's still being used for transit feedback in return for a free ride. RouteAhead usually tweets what route it'll be doing a few hours prior to.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Its parked on the dispatch fence about 99% of the time. Maybe they did something to it then put it back on the fence.

If it does go somewhere tomorrow it would most likely by to Anderson. I noticed last year that Calgary Transit's presence at the train show was quite lacking.

Its parked on the dispatch fence about 99% of the time. Maybe they did something to it then put it back on the fence.

If it does go somewhere tomorrow it would most likely by to Anderson. I noticed last year that Calgary Transit's presence at the train show was quite lacking.

About 8 or 9 CT staff got off of it as they were shutting down the engine.