Doors Open Toronto (May 24-25)

Tramguy

On 3/25/2017 at 1:49 AM, J. Bullock said:

Sheppard West would have a few ;)

VMC, but I doubt they'd be able to bring them out that far. Plus, I'm not even too sure of their status in the rebuild.

Sheppard West huh? Well, the station and bus bays existed before they started to build the TYSSE :P 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, H4 5600 said:

The shuttles to doors open were all arrow lfs's and 17XX hybrids.

There were five buses operating on the Doors Open Event shuttle route, with three buses provided by Arrow (all LFS) and two provided by Wilson (both NG HEV).

Just now, Articulated said:

TTC:

Doors Open Event shuttle bus: 1385, 1796, 8453, 8596, 8599

Shuttle buses operated in a circular route, from Sheppard West to York University, to Downsview Park, to Sheppard West.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Just to jack bump the thread: Doors Open Toronto 2022 is back after two years:
https://www.toronto.ca/explore-enjoy/festivals-events/doors-open-toronto/

Doors Open returns May 28 and 29, 2022

Since its inception in 2000, Doors Open Toronto has attracted more than two million visits to nearly 700 unique locations. It is Canada's largest Doors Open event and one of the three largest in the world.

I wonder if they will include McNicoll Garage this year? The last time the TTC did DOTO for a garage was at Mount Dennis in 2010 and New Eglinton in 2009. They never did Arrow Road since they have electrical charging stations now.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Kobayashi said:

Just to jack bump the thread: Doors Open Toronto 2022 is back after two years:
https://www.toronto.ca/explore-enjoy/festivals-events/doors-open-toronto/

I wonder if they will include McNicoll Garage this year? The last time the TTC did DOTO for a garage was at Mount Dennis in 2010 and New Eglinton in 2009. They never did Arrow Road since they have electrical charging stations now.

Arrow Road isn't exactly as inviting as Mount Dennis. I think we can pass.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't live in the GTA so don't know the TTC garages or Toronto buildings, but since Doors Open Toronto is coming up, and I don't know which facilities will be open in Toronto, but if one of the Garages is open(not sure if open or which one) they move 2252(Historical Bus)to that garage which ever one may be  opened to the public so they could see it. I know in the past OC Transpo had their Historical fleet on display usually at ST Laurent for the public to see during Open Doors Ottawa?(or was it during the Bus Rodeo?), which ever it was it was nice to see them.

On 5/10/2022 at 2:55 PM, AnalogPentium said:

Skipping this year

Screenshot_17967.thumb.png.b0cba666883991c47f7d24d7f1cbfdbb.png

https://cptdb.ca/uploads/post-2207-0-83484300-1377954554.jpg

34 minutes ago, MCIBUS said:

I don't live in the GTA so don't know the TTC garages or Toronto buildings, but since Doors Open Toronto is coming up, and I don't know which facilities will be open in Toronto, but if one of the Garages is open(not sure if open or which one) they move 2252(Historical Bus)to that garage which ever one may be  opened to the public so they could see it. I know in the past OC Transpo had their Historical fleet on display usually at ST Laurent for the public to see during Open Doors Ottawa?(or was it during the Bus Rodeo?), which ever it was it was nice to see them.

The only facility open this year is Lower Bay Station, which is a subway station. If a bus garage were to be open (big if, they haven't done one in more than a decade) there is nothing stopping them from displaying 2252. In 2019, before covid hit, 2252 was one of the vehicles used to shuttle between Greenwood yard and Leslie Barns during the double open house in September.

• 2 weeks later...