Western Bus Lines

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Although not directly named in the ad it would appear that Western Bus Lines of BC is for sale based on the details in this ad. http://www.kazooga.com/Business-Listing-Details.aspx?bid=E668BE69CEBA460EA948A9968EA25E35

BTW I noticed there is another Western Bus Lines of BC thread, can the posts in that one be added to this one, just want to keep things organised.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Coaches 4307 & 4407 appear to possibly be ex MTR Western coaches? Check the chrome mirrors.

I am very doubtful that these are ex-MTR. There are pictures of #4307 from 2008 (on the wiki and my website) and as mentioned photos of #4407 from 2010. These coaches are 2007 models as documented on the wiki. The wiki for Western Bus Lines is quite detailed and has been completed by a reliable source, it makes no mention as the coaches being used. As well I personally recall seeing both of these coaches shortly after 2007 when they were new with Western Bus Lines. Chrome mirrors is of course are an option that any coach with any company can have.

OK, thank you everybody for your input, you have all convinced me that they are NOT ex MTR. I was looking at a photo of 4407, and noticed the chrome mirrors and very plain paint job, so I assumed that they could be ex MTR. I didn't check the date manufactured, so it's my bad.

• 7 months later...

Are you sure this wasn't one of Western Bus Lines own tour/charters?

If you scroll down a bit in the article just under the photo after the video it says "The bus is identified as belonging to Super Vacation Canada – the largest tour operator in North America." ;)

Found a good picture of the damaged H3-45. It looks similar to 2516 with having the black front screen. Bus look pretty bad too.

74455VCRD113209987_high.jpg

Here's the link to the original picture: http://www.surreyleader.com/national/273342991.html

EDIT: Actually is it 2516 by the looks of it. I looked back at the first page of the thread and Kevin had posted pictures of 2516 and it had matched. I only thought at first it was not 2516 because I saw in the wiki, 2516 didn't have the alcoa's and then thought that there was another bus with the black screen on the front.

• 2 weeks later...