WpgBusDriver

Winnipeg and Artic Buses

The only routes I can think of that can support a D60LF going down Portage, at the current moment, would have to be the Route 11 to Polo Park. And the Sunday Polo-Downtown 11 runs are ALWAYS packed. Are they going to throw on an artic for Sunday services?

I wish they would. I never go to Polo Park on Sunday because the 11 is hell on wheels. (Running the 21 on Sunday would be even nicer, but...)

5 minutes ago, bus is coming 1965 said:

980 is sitting back on FRG with no decals

One of a number of the Ottawa artics that have yet to make it into regular service. 988 was inside BG yesterday in similar state.

8 hours ago, BCT-3122-D800-10240 said:

I have a feeling some of them will never see the road in Winnipeg....  

Maybe if Winnipeg Transit would use more artics on routes that actually need the extra capacity... :P I saw an artic doing a School Charter run down Kenaston, a week ago! If they can do that for Shaftesbury and potentially St. Paul's as well, why can't they do it on Route 21, Route 47 or something inner-city, like Route 11?

2 hours ago, armorand said:

Maybe if Winnipeg Transit would use more artics on routes that actually need the extra capacity... :P I saw an artic doing a School Charter run down Kenaston, a week ago! If they can do that for Shaftesbury and potentially St. Paul's as well, why can't they do it on Route 21, Route 47 or something inner-city, like Route 11?

cause they package it with runs on routes like 54,59 and 36 or 183/161 and i couldn't see them being put on the 11 as it would require work to be out of bg to be late night and bg is closed at 8:30 to drivers open all night for wash rack guys tho. 

With U-Pass coming this September I wonder if we will see more articulateds on routes like 160, 75, 78 or even 60? Perhaps even outside of the peak hours...

Winnipeg Transit #988 (D60LF) in Brandon Garage, 27 April 2016.  One of the few ex-OCTranspo artic's that has yet to see service in Winnipeg.

winnipeg-CWTS988d60lf-daw2016apr27.jpg

15 hours ago, DavidW said:

Winnipeg Transit #988 (D60LF) in Brandon Garage, 27 April 2016.  One of the few ex-OCTranspo artic's that has yet to see service in Winnipeg.

winnipeg-CWTS988d60lf-daw2016apr27.jpg

Any problems with it?

2 hours ago, bus is coming 1965 said:

What are the attic parked beside the McDonalds? I know there's 2 one I think was 980

I'll check tonight my buddy's dad works in the wash rack I'll ask him and get fleet numbers of the buses parked on the fence 

On 2016-04-29 at 10:22 AM, DavidW said:

With U-Pass coming this September I wonder if we will see more articulateds on routes like 160, 75, 78 or even 60? Perhaps even outside of the peak hours...

We don't have enough to supply all of those routes.

Seems that Winnipeg cannot afford to even finish a BRT properly, so I'm not expecting much else.

That's all we're getting.