WpgBusDriver

Winnipeg and Artic Buses

After having a meal at Sals (Pembina @ Stafford) this afternoon, northbound 396 36 (I didn't get the run #, sorry) came up without having to wait (good timing). I knew  something was going on when I see a man with a Transit Security green-yellow jacket) at that stop. He gets on and wipes down the front handle and I see the front right seat is blocked off with some white ribbon.

I've got a cold but could faintly smell poo. I'm guessing someone didn't quite make it to the washroom or did something else happen.

On 1/2/2020 at 12:25 PM, Taylorover9001 said:

The 60 and 160 have had 60 foot buses on them for a long time now (but still get an occasional 40 foot bus for no reason).

The reason I mention this is that Boxing Day service is a Sunday schedule. Wasn't expecting the 160 to have artics on Boxing Day.

6 hours ago, vivablue5215 said:

I've noticed 979 parked outside FRG (behind the fishbowl) for a few weeks now. Is it out for long term repairs or retired?

Not too sure what’s going on, as far as I can tell the farebox is still inside which means it’s not retired yet, but considering 975 and 987 took a while to come back into service I would assume it’s being worked on 

40 minutes ago, ConnorsCompShow said:

Sorry, say that last one again?!

I spotted an artic heading down Carlton today I thought it was a 183 considering I’ve seen artics on there before but then I bus texted it it was actually on the 137/75

43 minutes ago, Thewinnipegtransitfanhuang said:

I spotted an artic heading down Carlton today I thought it was a 183 considering I’ve seen artics on there before but then I bus texted it it was actually on the 137/75

An artic on the 75????? That’s awesome if true (even though almost NONE of the Bishop Grandin stops can handle them without hanging out into the intersection)