WpgBusDriver

Winnipeg and Artic Buses

5 hours ago, Wpgtransit11-25 said:

That’s what I heard to. I’m glad these RT buses or future shall we say have the racks 

It is due to limited storage space that they pull the racks off during the winter season correct? Too bad they can't leave them on all buses year round. I imagine it's not a popular feature if getting a bus with one can be hit or miss depending on how quickly they get re-installed in the spring.

36 minutes ago, MVTArider said:

It is due to limited storage space that they pull the racks off during the winter season correct? Too bad they can't leave them on all buses year round. I imagine it's not a popular feature if getting a bus with one can be hit or miss depending on how quickly they get re-installed in the spring.

They will only be Rack buses on the RT come phase 2 cause all 28 buses will be equipped and there only using the brand new artics for the blue line 

28 minutes ago, Wpgtransit11-25 said:

They will only be Rack buses on the RT come phase 2 cause all 28 buses will be equipped and there only using the brand new artics for the blue line 

Historically Winnipeg Transit's ability to successfully dispatch "only" certain buses "only" on certain services has been pretty spotty. One only has to remember the rt wraps from Phase One showing up randomly on any route (the 68?).

Years ago I remember getting on a 35' GM on route 60 (oops) which then ran out of fuel half way up Pembina Highway (double oops).

It may be dispatch's philosophy that it's better a run goes out with the "wrong" bus than it doesn't go out at all.

17 hours ago, DavidW said:

Historically Winnipeg Transit's ability to successfully dispatch "only" certain buses "only" on certain services has been pretty spotty. One only has to remember the rt wraps from Phase One showing up randomly on any route (the 68?).

Years ago I remember getting on a 35' GM on route 60 (oops) which then ran out of fuel half way up Pembina Highway (double oops).

It may be dispatch's philosophy that it's better a run goes out with the "wrong" bus than it doesn't go out at all.

From what I heard the won’t be wrapped but there gonna be only using these new artics on phase 2 idk how they will dispatch it like that. But I assume that since most of the blue line will be 60 foot buses this will be how the dispatch them