Winnipeg and Artic Buses

WpgBusDriver

1 hour ago, Imgursdownvote4love said:

What is that reason?

To make the buses look as boring and unattractive as possible. Wpgtransit11-25 and bus is coming 1965 are just being bus scrooges.

I'm sure I'm not the only person who wants buses (whether it's Winnipeg or not) to look half decent, not lazy shit. Even if it's just a solid colour (not white), it's better.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Taylorover9001 said:

To make the buses look as boring and unattractive as possible. Wpgtransit11-25 and bus is coming 1965 are just being bus scrooges.

I'm sure I'm not the only person who wants buses (whether it's Winnipeg or not) to look half decent, not lazy shit.

They are only white cause it’s cheaper to paint. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Taylorover9001 said:

Hey just what someone told me I like the wraps. And the reason no more stripes is it doesn’t well when they put ad wraps on the buses like vinyl on vinyl doesn’t work. How are we being Scrooge’s. I was just stating a fact 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Wpgtransit11-25 said:

And the reason no more stripes is it doesn’t well when they put ad wraps on the buses like vinyl on vinyl doesn’t work.

Doesn't make sense, as many other cities have no problems with wrapping decaled buses.

7 minutes ago, bus is coming 1965 said:

They are only white cause it’s cheaper to paint. 

Plus they come white from factory

5 hours ago, trebor204 said:

The Light Rail in the Twin Cities has a Blue and Green lines, and all the trains have the same colour scheme. The Destination Sign does show the colour of the line (Blue or Green box)

Hopefully, we can get new Destination Signs that can display colour.

NYC's Select Bus Service (SBS) does have Blue LEDs at the front and Amber on the side and Rear.

7 minutes ago, Wpgtransit11-25 said:

They vinyl stripes make it hard for the ad wraps to stick on the buses. I also hear it’s cheaper to keep them white as most buses in the end have some sorta a wrap idk how I’m being a bus Scrooge I like the colour scheme 

Calgary Transit has no problems that I know of on their older buses.

7558.jpg1B781C14-5249-4B3D-AB94-6154DB198BB9.jpeg

Edited by Imgursdownvote4love
Added pic
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, LilZebra said:

I know, but it might be faster to just ride it inside.

it may be faster but it's a safety issue what if the driver slams on the brakes or the bus got into a crash where would the bike go unless you are ok with holding both brakes the whole time 

2 hours ago, Thewinnipegtransitfanhuang said:

it may be faster but it's a safety issue what if the driver slams on the brakes or the bus got into a crash where would the bike go unless you are ok with holding both brakes the whole time 

My understanding is that it interferes with aisles/wheelchair seating

• Like 1