Winnipeg and Artic Buses

WpgBusDriver

4 hours ago, bus is coming 1965 said:

That won’t be happening. Idk what else they can do. What you have now is the best they can do 

This is the schedule for the 84.

BadSchedule.png

One bus per hour. 86 is basically the same, but shifted by 30 minutes. That's not acceptable. Even the 95 isn't that bad, at about 30 minutes, and I still think that's 15 minutes too much. Maybe, they could consider using all the buses they have in the garage.

6 minutes ago, Taylorover9001 said:

This is the schedule for the 84.

BadSchedule.png

One bus per hour. 86 is basically the same, but shifted by 30 minutes. That's not acceptable. Even the 95 isn't that bad, at about 30 minutes, and I still think that's 15 minutes too much. Maybe, they could consider using all the buses they have in the garage.

As I said before who’s gonan drive it there’s not enough  drivers as is some runs don’t get signed are always driven by drivers on spare board plus to add more buses council has to approve it 

1 minute ago, Wpgtransit11-25 said:

As I said before who’s gonan drive it there’s not enough  drivers as is some runs don’t get signed are always driven by drivers on spare board plus to add more buses council has to approve it 

If you're short-staffed, then maybe it's time to get the Now Hiring message out.

Just now, Taylorover9001 said:

If you're short-staffed, then maybe it's time to get the Now Hiring message out.

No one wants to work there the crews are utter crap everything gets so chopped up. Many people don’t like spilts can’t do anything about it as u need both rushhours covered it’s hard to keep people some drivers are bailing now that scheduling is chopping up all the work 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I wonder, now that the last of the XD40’s has been delivered and is in service, how long it will be until the first of the new artic’s arrive?

I’m personally hoping they keep the white font that 369 has. It looks so much more modern. Since these buses will also be exclusively for the “Blue Line”, I also wonder if anything about their livery will change...

56 minutes ago, jhood135 said:

I wonder, now that the last of the XD40’s has been delivered and is in service, how long it will be until the first of the new artic’s arrive?

I’m personally hoping they keep the white font that 369 has. It looks so much more modern. Since these buses will also be exclusively for the “Blue Line”, I also wonder if anything about their livery will change...

Mid June to early July is what I hear and the won’t be  exclusively used on the transitway  cause we all know how dispatch is 

4 hours ago, jhood135 said:

About that special livery, I do remember that the last order of D40LFR's (150-169) had special decals for the SWBRT in early 2012. Not sure when they were removed. I agree with you, it will be interesting to see what they do. Some cities do have a special scheme for BRT buses.

10 hours ago, Viafreak said:

About that special livery, I do remember that the last order of D40LFR's (150-169) had special decals for the SWBRT in early 2012. Not sure when they were removed. I agree with you, it will be interesting to see what they do. Some cities do have a special scheme for BRT buses.

They won’t be receiving any special livery as I was told at the open house it costs transit about $15000 per bus for a fully wrapped bus and with 28 artics needed that’s 15000 times 28 and that equals to $420.000 so they will be delivered in the same scheme as the XD40 buses 

5 minutes ago, Wpgtransit11-25 said:

They won’t be receiving any special livery as I was told at the open house it costs transit about $15000 per bus for a fully wrapped bus and with 28 artics needed that’s 15000 times 28 and that equals to $420.000 so they will be delivered in the same scheme as the XD40 buses 

Kinda unfortunate, I was hoping they'd be blue, for the Blue Line.

The Light Rail in the Twin Cities has a Blue and Green lines, and all the trains have the same colour scheme. The Destination Sign does show the colour of the line (Blue or Green box)

Hopefully, we can get new Destination Signs that can display colour.

1 hour ago, trebor204 said:

The Light Rail in the Twin Cities has a Blue and Green lines, and all the trains have the same colour scheme. The Destination Sign does show the colour of the line (Blue or Green box)

Hopefully, we can get new Destination Signs that can display colour.

ThTs probably what the colour of he sign might be and it’s named the blue line not a route number maybe for infodev and run card purposes it will be labeled as 199-1 ect