Pierce Transit

A. Wong

2 hours ago, JAX Transit 2000 said:

Are these New Flyers running in good condition and how much the bus cost or nearest offer 

It's an auction; prices determined by bids.  More details will probably be provided by the time the auction starts in a month.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Pierce Transit, where it is a new bus Gillig's expect coaches (10144's) 20 series are listed on the CPTDB Wiki or Wikipedia the info? For sure waiting for you and they aren't forgetting new bus listed on the CPTDB Wiki the info, too for your responsibility is always ?

https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/Pierce_Transit

On 6/4/2021 at 11:46 AM, Amaryah Johnson said:

Pierce Transit, where it is a new bus Gillig's expect coaches (10144's) 20 series are listed on the CPTDB Wiki or Wikipedia the info? For sure waiting for you and they aren't forgetting new bus listed on the CPTDB Wiki the info, too for your responsibility is always ?

https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/Pierce_Transit

A more polite response would be appreciated.

Anyway, I haven't been able to find much information on the 2021s. If you have any, let me know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zortan said:

A more polite response would be appreciated.

Anyway, I haven't been able to find much information on the 2021s. If you have any, let me know.

Well, I understand also give you everyone app Pantograph.com the bus are match PT coaches 10144-10164 (21) series the info, too important for being polite said yes. You go ahead good luck.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I wonder what Pierce Transit will do for the Gig Harbor trolley next year. They got new ARBOC trolleys, but took them out of service due to accessibility complaints, according to what the driver said on the last time I rode the route. They used C30LFs on the route this year, but I doubt they'll keep them around.

I was surprised to find out that they went with ARBOC rather than Gillig for the trolleys, as they've been ordering Gilligs for their standard bus fleet for the last 10 years

10 hours ago, bnsf27 said:

I wonder what Pierce Transit will do for the Gig Harbor trolley next year. They got new ARBOC trolleys, but took them out of service due to accessibility complaints, according to what the driver said on the last time I rode the route. They used C30LFs on the route this year, but I doubt they'll keep them around.

I was surprised to find out that they went with ARBOC rather than Gillig for the trolleys, as they've been ordering Gilligs for their standard bus fleet for the last 10 years

Yeah, for once it seems like Gillig may have been the best option here, especially with the C30LFs being past their due dates.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Pierce Transit has retired all of their 2007 C40LFR fleet. As far as I know 230, 232 and 237 are with LA Charter. With the 2009 C40LFRs, 243, 246 (possibly), 248 are retired as they haven’t been in service recently. The remaining 2009s haven’t moved since August 15th probably indicating that they’ll be retired shortly

Some ex Pierce Transit C40LFs are now used as driver training buses with OCTA for Keolis

• Sad 1

• 5 months later...

We've got some news on Stream, Pierce Transit's "bus rapid transit" service along Pacific Ave:

It's coming April 1st! However, thanks to budget cuts of the highest degree, there will be no infrastructure upgrades along Pacific Ave. Instead, Stream will be an express variant of the 1 between Spanaway and Tacoma Dome Station, operating during peak hours only. On the bright side, there's a new livery variant? Yay?

More information here:

• Thanks 1