Prevost

A. Wong

• Board Admin

February 1, 2012

Industry News

Report: Prevost private sector sales market leader

The latest motorcoach industry report by National Bus Trader's Larry Plachno shows that Prevost holds the industry lead in market share for private sector coach sales in 2011.

The report reveals that in the 4th quarter, for the third quarter in a row, Prevost held the market share lead of private sector coach sales. In addition, Prevost held the private sector market share lead for all of 2011.

Prevost also had two of the top three coach models in the report's list of most popular models for 4th quarter and for 2011. The Prevost X3-45 was the bestselling coach and the Prevost H3-45 was the third best-selling coach in 4th quarter 2011.

Those same two models appeared in the top three for all of 2011.

Prevost also was awarded the BEC (Bus Executive Committee) Award for Customer Satisfaction. This award is given by Volvo Bus to the global division, which scores highest on the Customer Satisfaction Index.

Copyright ©

Metro Magazine. All Rights Reserved.

Source: http://www.metro-magazine.com/News/Story/2012/02/Report-Prevost-private-sector-sales-market-leader.aspx

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Prevost has landed a $164.8 million contract to build 300 buses for the New York Metropolitan Transit Authority.

http://pressrepublic...illion-contract

Prevost, based in Sainte-Claire, Quebec, acquired Nova Bus in 1998. Both companies are part of the Volvo Group. The company makes buses like those used by commercial bus lines, which are the type that make up this contract. Judie Glaves of the MTA Press Office said the buses will replace the oldest in the fleet and will be used on Express routes from the outer boroughs into Manhattan.

Prevost also makes conversion coaches, such as the tour buses used by entertainers.

According to a staff summary on the MTA website, Prevost was competing against MCI for the contract. Both submitted Best and Final Offers on June 7.

NEW YORK CONTENT

Prevost’s final award amount of $164.8 million was $5.4 million less than the $170.2 million proposed by MCI.

While MCI had a higher technical score, MTA staff felt that was outweighed by the lower cost and Prevost’s commitment of 21.56 percent New York content compared to 15.47 percent by MCI.

The contract calls for two pilot buses to be delivered in February 2014. One will be used for in-service testing and the other for a configuration audit and qualification testing.

Delivery of the remainder of the order is scheduled to start in September 2014 and be completed in February 2016.

• 1 month later...

Just got my September copy of National Bus Trader and it's mentioned in there that Prevost will be moving there shop from Delta to Richmond sometime this fall. The new location will be 11911 No. 5 road. New shop will have 6 full sized service bays, a large parts room, drivers lounge and increased parking.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Does anyone know where I can view a PDF version of the maintenance manual on a Prevost Coach? More specifically I would like to look at diagrams and info on the Tag Axle feature. I have searched prevost's website in the maintenance section and I came up with nothing. Any help would be appreciated!

Does anyone know where I can view a PDF version of the maintenance manual on a Prevost Coach? More specifically I would like to look at diagrams and info on the Tag Axle feature. I have searched prevost's website in the maintenance section and I came up with nothing. Any help would be appreciated!

Did you find out who is the manufacturer of the tag axle? Start with that. To get that information, you need to get the VIN of the Coach and call Prevost to get the axle's manufacturer and the model in which you can get the maintenance manual. If it is a used Coach and you are able to contact the previous operator, they may have an extra manual laying around.

Did you find out who is the manufacturer of the tag axle? Start with that. To get that information, you need to get the VIN of the Coach and call Prevost to get the axle's manufacturer and the model in which you can get the maintenance manual. If it is a used Coach and you are able to contact the previous operator, they may have an extra manual laying around.

I assumed Prevost was the one who manufactured the tag axle in the assembly. I didn't think they sourced that to someone. I might call to see. thanks!

http://prevostparts.volvo.com/technicalpublications/en/manuel.asp info should be in there someplace. Most of the major asembleies probably come to Prevost at least partially built. Probably the only parts they truly build are body parts, they are more of a assembler then anything, the coach builders don't have produce enough volume to get into sub assembly manufacturing like the major automotive builders do.http://prevostparts.volvo.com/technicalpublications/pdf/PA-1561_12_3.pdf the bottom part contains the tag axle and I was wrong it is built by Prevost with some parts from Dana.

In my opinion, it would be better that you call Prevost first with the VIN to confirm manufacturer of the tag and make sure you have the correct manual before doing any work. Over the years they change suppliers. I am surprised that they used Dana to supply parts since I had the impression it might be Meritor or ZF.

• 2 weeks later...

A Prevost demo is currently either at or was at PSTA. The same demo will soon be heading for Lynx. It's likely Lynx could be getting Prevosts, but it's too soon to tell. We will see how the demo performs for us. If they like it, Prevost is going to give Lynx a deal that will allow them to get six of these buses (numbered 184-515-189-515), which could arrive by the end of this year or next year. Depends on what happens.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...