Mexican Motorcoach Buses

Photos of motorcoaches used by charter & intercity bus companies in Mexico. Today, most motorcoaches in Mexico are from DINA, Marcopolo, Volvo, & Irizar. MCI & VanHool are very rare but do make appearances.

eb om.jpg

This DINA Viaggio is from a Mexican charter bus company called Big State City. I took this photo back in summer 2010.

big star city.jpg

Autopista Mexico Federal 49 (Cuota)

Ciudad Jimenez, Chihuahua

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

turismo paba.jpg

A charter bus company called "Turismo Paba" owns this Irizar I5. I found this bus in Leon back in summer 2010.

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

turimex.jpg

This migth be the only MCI bus deep inside Mexico (not including the border areas) that I have seen so far (who knows, I must of missed some when I wasnt looking). I found this MCI E4500 from Turimex Internacional traveling on Mexico Federal Highway 49 in the state of Durango. I think this was near the town of Cuencame.

Well, I thougth it was a MCI E4500 cause of the ligths on top of the windshield.

They do, but they are not in one solid light bar like a J4500. E4500 and 102EL3 coaches have 3 seperate recessed marker lights, as opposed to one solid wider recessed marker light.

also, J4500 have Frameless side windows, and E4500 have framed side windows.

No, 102-EL3s have framed side windows - some E4500s do too but they were made available with frameless windows as standard, which the majority have now. :)

They do, but they are not in one solid light bar like a J4500. E4500 and 102EL3 coaches have 3 seperate recessed marker lights, as opposed to one solid wider recessed marker light.

Also, only the E4500 and 102EL3 have a black band just below those 3 marker lights. See below:

McCarter-Coach-568-11JUN101.jpg

mexicoach.jpg

I was busfanning in Tijuana on Saturday & came across this Volvo 9700 from MexiCoach. MexiCoach provides shuttle service between San Ysidro & Tijuana. They have ex U.S. Transit buses in their fleet.