Welcome to the updated CPTDB!

If you prefer an older theme, you can change it back by scrolling to the very bottom and clicking on "Theme" on the bottom right. However, you can also change the background color/image by clicking on the "photo icon" in the black bar with your username at the top of the page.

You may notice some slowness for the next few hours while messages are reindexed.

Click the X on the top right of this box to dismiss this message.

armorand

800 series D40s (It's the final countdown!)

So they DID throw it out? I was with some of the MTHA guys on 814 at June's event when they were talking about some parts of 814 that needed fixing.

There is a plan to transfer the engine from 814 to 858, and then scrap 814. It's only a plan and so far nothing has happened. 858 is still at Winnipeg Transit last we heard. My guess is the service reductions around University break and Christmas has reduced the peak roll-out and 858 has been left in the garage. If it doesn't reappear on-street when full service resumes January 3rd then it may be off the active roster.

Any other information? Anything taken out of it?

Could be "in holding" for the MTHA. If that was case, the only thing taken out would be the AA and Infodev.

(This is just speculation, my guess is as good as yours.)

I noticed that the original "Stop Requested" sign is non-existent in 858 (broken and crudely covered in duct tape). Would they take out 814s as a replacement?

I noticed that the original "Stop Requested" sign is non-existent in 858 (broken and crudely covered in duct tape). Would they take out 814s as a replacement?

I assume if 814 had parts in better shape than 858 they would use those. Like a stop request sign, seats, doors, mirror, ect.