CPTDB Chat Room

A. Wong

CPTDB Chat Room  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want us to consider expanding the Chat feature?

• Yes, I find this would add value to our community and I would use it!
    • No, it is useless to me.

• Board Admin

We have introduced a CPTDB chat room with the new software.

Do you like it? We want your opinion.

Think long term - just because it is new, a lot of people are trying it out and finding it neat. But would you continue to use it?

If there is a large interest, I think we could try expanding it to 50 users at once, and then if the interest dies down then we can always have the 5 users, or bump down to 20.

Not sure how to use it. First, someone you want to chat with has to be logged onto CPTDB, right ? So then how do you get that persons attention that you want to chat with them ?

It's a chatroom open to any individual... think of it as a waiting room in a train station or something, with a maximum capacity of 5. You talk with anyone and everyone who is in the chatroom.

It's definitely a good place to learn about different transit systems (e.g: The Calgary Transit chat we had this morning) from different board members without digging through the subsections of each thread. Although I will agree a cap limit is needed, but it should be higher than 5.

• 1 month later...

Do members get 'Kicked Out" if they are idle too long in the room? I entered the room last night and then went off to another window completely forgetting I was in there and when I returned there was a message saying that I was kicked out. No one else was in the chat room either when I entered.

There is a chat server reset that happens around 4 am EST and it does boot everyone from the room

• 11 months later...

Pardon teh bump.

But I had noticed a few minutes ago as I tried to enter the chat room. An error message saying that the member limit has been reached at five and I have to wait until someone leaves. I figured this was corrected some time ago and didn't think this problem would come back.

Have the standards changed?