A. Wong

The New CPTDB - Questions and Answers

I actually have a legitimate suggestion about the chat program. I figured I would post it here because this is the hot topic. Obviously we have established that 5 people max to one lobby is not enough for over 1000+ active members. So here is my idea.

Unfortunately only one instance of a chat room is possible at once.

Is there a way to view all attachments in a topic from the main subsection page (ie. GTA Sightings) like the old board used to?

Not sure off hand, you would probably be able to find it faster than I can!

I've got a little feature request:

On various other online forums (DSLreports, for example), it's possible to mark a subset of all the available forums as favourite, and have those be the only ones that show up on the home page.

Now, whether this is possible with stock IPBoard or whether it would be an extension/module, I'm not sure. If it's not built-in or freely available as a module, then it's really not a huge issue; I'll deal somehow.

Just a thought! :)

Also, I wonder what the threshold for Hot topics is; it seems that every topic on the first couple of pages in (for example) the Greater Toronto Area sub-forum is Hot...

DSLreports has always used some custom forum software, not IP.Board, so unless something similar is available for this software you likely won't be seeing it. ;) Sorry.

Any post with more than 15 posts is 'Hot'. Perhaps this could be higher. :) Any suggestions?

Well,

The information that I would have in the notepad are well, buses in the Burlington Transit fleet that I havene't seen in awhile, like a "disabled list" so I know what to look for. An ad tracker, determining what bus has what ads.(that in itself allows me to know whcih bus is which to spot).

I'll have a look through the database at some point in the future when I have time, but you may have to find another place to store this information if there isn't one in the new software. :(

Alright, a possible stupid question...it's said the wiki is back up, but I don't see the link for it.

Not a stupid question, just haven't had time to find out how to link it there. Got it linked now. ;)

You can access it at:

http://www.cptdb.ca/wiki

Please let me know if it's working or if you notice any issues! Thanks!

I was a little bit lost when I came back here but I can tell you that it looks awesome for 2012! :)

I'm having trouble getting out of the mobile site on my iPhone, how do I get back to the normal board?

Thank you.

I think there's a Change Theme option at the very bottom that you can use...

On my phone the only buttons at the bottom are; Reply, forward, back, twitter, Facebook and language (english).

On the computer I can change the Theme but it doesn't seem to appear on the phone.

I don't seem to be able to do anything beyond basic posting and viewing.

Today i decided to try the board out more on my android and one bug i found is that i can't seem to jump to the last postmade by whoever option. Anything wrong?

On my phone the only buttons at the bottom are; Reply, forward, back, twitter, Facebook and language (english).

On the computer I can change the Theme but it doesn't seem to appear on the phone.

I don't seem to be able to do anything beyond basic posting and viewing.

Ok, so I logged out on my phone, then logged back in. When it asked me for my user name and password there was a button below for "full version". I clicked on that and re-entered my user name and password and I was back to the full version. :)

Thanks.

Today i decided to try the board out more on my android and one bug i found is that i can't seem to jump to the last postmade by whoever option. Anything wrong?

What are you clicking on? I'm assuming your phone is loading the full version of the site? Or are you getting the mobile theme?

I have a question... How can I mark ALL forums as read like I always did before? It's easier for me to track anything that interests me. Thanks! :)

Not sure if this is documented, but I just created a thread named

"STM 32-XXX Delivery Watch"

and the system renamed it to

"Stm 32-Xxx Delivery Watch"

Removed all the intentional capital letters.

At the bottom, left side, click Mark Community Read and then Mark all as read.

Thank you! :)

What are you clicking on? I'm assuming your phone is loading the full version of the site? Or are you getting the mobile theme?

I'm clicking on the "next" or "previous" buttons on the mobile theme to look through pages and im clicking on topic titles to view them but go to the very first page. My phone is loading the mobile theme. not the full version, although i do have the option of loading the full version but this error comes up like this "internet explorer cannot not open the internet site www.cptdb.ca. could not complete the operation due to error 80004004." and it only loads the top banner of the board.

First I really like the new forum

Second I like to thank A. Wong and the other Mods for providing a place for us Bus enthusiasts a forum to talk and discuss Bus related issues and other Transit related ventures.

I'm not sure who exactly owns this forum, but QUDO's to either him or her. B):) for it.I don't know if the owner has to pay a "Host" or not for the Forum, that I don't know, but if the individual does have to pay Thank YOU very much for being generous in paying out of your own pocket for us bus fans a place to gather and BUS TALK.

Thanks to Ashton and the crew for getting this new board into action. I am enjoying it so far!

I found one thing though that does not seem to have been mentioned so far. On the ol board, we used to have an "Upload an image" option. I do not see this option now, unless I am missing it somewhere. Any help is appreciated and thanks.

Thanks for the comments everyone! We are pleased with the success of this board and are happy to provide the forum and wiki. I foot the bill for the hosting and do all the installation/maintenance technical work, and J. Boic purchases the license for the board software.

I haven't put that Upload an Image link back up yet but will do soon! Had to make some tweaks to it.

Thanks for the kind words. Ashton gets most of the credit, as he is the brains behind this whole operation. I am glad everyone likes the new board. Its a big change for both members and administration and we appreciate everyone's comments/opinions and suggestions at any time.

I'm working on making the board more aesthetically pleasing. We can modify the colours, contents and text of the board skin. So far I've relocated the "custom member title" to below the avatar and removed everyone's gender from the space below. I'm still working out a way to get back the join date and post count into that section, along with your location which is there by default.

If there's anything aesthetic that I can look at, let me know.

I too am currently having troubles uploading a new profile image. Im using FireFox and it isnt working. I use Internet explorer and still the failure to upload image message, and then i tried google chrome and same result. have you solved this problem yet?

Edit: i just managed to upload a photo but it was not the one i wanted to upload because the other one failed to upload. What the heck? Both photos were from my hard drive. But one uploaded no problem.

Maybe try to resave your file in a different file format?

I don't think there's anything I can do to change it, as it seems to be working for others.

Maybe try to resave your file in a different file format?

I don't think there's anything I can do to change it, as it seems to be working for others.

heh nevermind, i got it working :P