The New CPTDB - Questions and Answers

A. Wong

Does anyone know how you might use the 'search' features in a thread or forum? (I.E. if I wanted to find a certain vehicle in one of the sightings threads). I've been unable to find any such feature since the board got updated. Thanks! :)

• Board Admin

Does anyone know how you might use the 'search' features in a thread or forum? (I.E. if I wanted to find a certain vehicle in one of the sightings threads). I've been unable to find any such feature since the board got updated. Thanks! :)

At the very top right of the page where the search box is, you can click on "This topic" and change it to "This forum" if you want. Or you can click the gear icon beside it to get at all the advanced search options.

Maybe I'm just getting old and stuck in my ways, but I'm just not warming up to the new board layout. I find there to be a lot of empty white space and the default text is fairly large - is there any way to make the text size smaller?

I think we would like to give you a few more skin options. But I am leaving that in J. Boic's hands. :)

At the very top right of the page where the search box is, you can click on "This topic" and change it to "This forum" if you want. Or you can click the gear icon beside it to get at all the advanced search options.

Aha, gotcha. Thanks :)

• Root Admin

Maybe I'm just getting old and stuck in my ways, but I'm just not warming up to the new board layout. I find there to be a lot of empty white space and the default text is fairly large - is there any way to make the text size smaller?

I think we would like to give you a few more skin options. But I am leaving that in J. Boic's hands. :)

I will be working on getting some different themes set up and play around in the next couple of weeks.

• Board Admin

Even though I first was able to add three pics to the DRT discussion thread. Whenever I tried to post pictures in other topics, it doesn't work. All the pictures are below the 5 Mb limit.

Still having this problem? I know that the avatars seem to be troublesome.

You can also use the "Upload an Image" link as provided in the top right: http://awesysnet.ca/cptdb/

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Ashton, for several days now I cannot view new content messages when I log onto the board. When I do it says no new content. Instead I have to go through each forum and read appropriate messages by checking the date. Any idea what's causing this or solutions?

The new layout is welcoming!

The only issue i have with it is, on the old layout, I was able to scroll down a page, and click a list of options to go to another thread at the bottom right and corner. Eg:

Greater Toronto Area

General Transit Discussion

Waterloo & Area Discussion, etc.

Is there a way to bring that back, it makes browsing the Board much easier?

• Board Admin

The problem of trying to upload a new avatar continues! tried 3-4 different photos and failed to upload. Any other insight? Also when i try to upload a photo as i write up a reply, nothing shows up in the typing box. All pics are under 5MB

Please PM or email me the desired photo if you are having problems.

I miss the drop-down box that allowed me to jump directly from forum to forum. Can this be restored? Otherwise OK.

Unfortunately I am not sure if it can be brought back, might be skin dependent. You can use the breadcrumb trail at the top and bottom of each page to get back to the previous forum listings though.

eg.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...