The New CPTDB - Questions and Answers

A. Wong

One useful feature that I've been using (and I'm sure many other have used) is the "Mark this Forum as Read" feature because it kept track of which thread has a new post the next time I visited the board. Since the upgrade, every single thread on each forum have been marked as unread and now I have figure out which thread I haven't read.

Is there any possibility that this could be resolved?

• Board Admin

One useful feature that I've been using (and I'm sure many other have used) is the "Mark this Forum as Read" feature because it kept track of which thread has a new post the next time I visited the board. Since the upgrade, every single thread on each forum have been marked as unread and now I have figure out which thread I haven't read.

Is there any possibility that this could be resolved?

Unfortunately I don't think it is possible. I just marked everything as read when I am done, so that I am able to tell next time I load the board.

You can mark everything as read by going to the bottom, clicking on "Mark Community Read" and choosing Forum or Mark All As Read.

You can also mark individual forums as read by clicking on the f_icon.png icon!

• Root Admin

I tried "liking" a post and it said I reached my quota for the day, is that feature not available yet?

Otherwise it's looking good so far A. Wong :D Thanks for keeping the board up to date and running for all of us. Happy Holidays/Merry Christmas!

There are still some bugs and we are working to resolve small issues that arise. Still going through the list of settings for each section and feature for the board. Its all new for the Admin team as well.

Having a bit of trouble with my profile pic. I previously had a C40LFR as the image displayed with my posts, but on the changeover, it went to the Orion V I set as my profile image from before. When I tried to change it to the C40LFR pic by linking the picture rather than upload it, it just went blank when it told me the change was successful. I'm using Chrome if that helps.

Edit: I just tried to upload the pic, but now it just went back to the Orion V pic...

Also, I like the new layout, just having a bit of trouble adjusting :D

I'm not able to upload a profile picture. I tried uploading the image and it didn't work, I also tried to import a photo from a URL, but it didn't work either.

However, I do like the new look although its going to take me some time to get used to it.

An excellent layout indeed. I seem to have no problems in seeing everything as far as how it is laid out. Still would take time getting used to though. Great job.

One question..one thing that I was used to back with the old board was a notepad within the "control panel" where notes or things that I'd keep a record of transit wise is now gone. I'm not sure what had happened. Where would I go about in trying to find it?

and if that notepad is around, would the information still be saved?

• Board Admin

How many photos or media files can be posted in a topic?

50 images per post, with a maximum size of 1200px wide/1600px tall per attached image, and a total of 2048KB per post. The lightbox seems to be handling things very nicely.

Apparently the Iphone/Ipod App is not available in North America yet.

Guess that explains it, thanks!

Having a bit of trouble with my profile pic. I previously had a C40LFR as the image displayed with my posts, but on the changeover, it went to the Orion V I set as my profile image from before. When I tried to change it to the C40LFR pic by linking the picture rather than upload it, it just went blank when it told me the change was successful. I'm using Chrome if that helps.

Edit: I just tried to upload the pic, but now it just went back to the Orion V pic...

Also, I like the new layout, just having a bit of trouble adjusting :D

When I saw your post earlier you had a C40LFR... now it is showing an Orion V... did you manage to get it to work or was my phone caching images?

Seems like a number of people still having problems with the profile picture so just wanted to know. :P

I got a quick one,I see we now have a chat so its cool we can all hang on the board more and chat.but why is the chat limited to 5 people?

It costs more money to have additional capacity so if it is a topic of discussion if people want to see this feature stay.

One question..one thing that I was used to back with the old board was a notepad within the "control panel" where notes or things that I'd keep a record of transit wise is now gone. I'm not sure what had happened. Where would I go about in trying to find it?

and if that notepad is around, would the information still be saved?

Not sure, you probably looked in the usual places, such as: http://www.cptdb.ca/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core

If you remember anything you had saved I can go looking through the database backup I have.

I actually have a legitimate suggestion about the chat program. I figured I would post it here because this is the hot topic. Obviously we have established that 5 people max to one lobby is not enough for over 1000+ active members. So here is my idea. (If this cost too much money, uses to much bandwidth, or is just unfeasible, then don't do it.)

K, Create chatrooms limited to 10 people for each AREA! Ex. Calgary Transit, ETS, Translink, TTC. More than 10 people and there is going to be to much upkeep. Therefore, I can go into a specific chatroom knowing what I want to talk about, what I know, what interests me, and probably know some LOCAL board members better as well, Because right now with the current setup, I bumped into a guy from Montreal and I barely know what he is talking about because I do not know anything about STM.

I actually have a legitimate suggestion about the chat program. I figured I would post it here because this is the hot topic. Obviously we have established that 5 people max to one lobby is not enough for over 1000+ active members. So here is my idea. (If this cost too much money, uses to much bandwidth, or is just unfeasible, then don't do it.)

K, Create chatrooms limited to 10 people for each AREA! Ex. Calgary Transit, ETS, Translink, TTC. More than 10 people and there is going to be to much upkeep. Therefore, I can go into a specific chatroom knowing what I want to talk about, what I know, what interests me, and probably know some LOCAL board members better as well, Because right now with the current setup, I bumped into a guy from Montreal and I barely know what he is talking about because I do not know anything about STM.

Well you learn along the way heh. I don't even know about Calgary that much but thats what chatrooms are about, ask questions, get answers and learn about each other and their transit systems.

Is there a way to view all attachments in a topic from the main subsection page (ie. GTA Sightings) like the old board used to?

Not sure, you probably looked in the usual places, such as: http://www.cptdb.ca/...usercp&tab=core

If you remember anything you had saved I can go looking through the database backup I have.

Well,

The information that I would have in the notepad are well, buses in the Burlington Transit fleet that I havene't seen in awhile, like a "disabled list" so I know what to look for. An ad tracker, determining what bus has what ads.(that in itself allows me to know whcih bus is which to spot).

A fleet list to what I operate in my fantasy transit system called "WRM Transit." Updates with service changes/improvements and the routes that I have made.

That's the information that is stored there, as well as general tidbits of info with systems I keep track of.

Anything you can do Ashton to assist me with this...thanks.:)

I've got a little feature request:

On various other online forums (DSLreports, for example), it's possible to mark a subset of all the available forums as favourite, and have those be the only ones that show up on the home page. It turns this:

sPBAH.png

into this:

hGsuD.png

I think a feature similar to this could help clean up/minify the front page for people like me who only visit a subset of the available forums on this site. In addition, it could bring sub-forums (i.e. the Greater Toronto Area sub-forum of Ontario Transit Discussion) right on to the main page in a more visible way.

Now, whether this is possible with stock IPBoard or whether it would be an extension/module, I'm not sure. If it's not built-in or freely available as a module, then it's really not a huge issue; I'll deal somehow.

Just a thought! :)

Also, I wonder what the threshold for Hot topics is; it seems that every topic on the first couple of pages in (for example) the Greater Toronto Area sub-forum is Hot...