CTrain - U2 cars Retirement Watch

LRT

24 minutes ago, chills_on_the_train said:

It's rare that I commute (Crowfoot to Centre Street) now without seeing 2-3 U2 consists, and usually get to ride at least one a week. So I'm not reporting every one, but they are still out there in respectable numbers!

Every day I’ve gone out to Downtown or near a train station especially during rush hour there’s usually 3-4 sometimes  5 consists.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2021 at 5:32 PM, Blake M said:

The half of car 2002 that was repurposed into an art display was moved via flatbed truck from its location in Ramsay, last known location it was heading north on Barlow Trail at Peigan Trail

It's currently on 10 St SW just south of 7th Avenue! Pretty cool surprise going by there this afternoon.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

wasnt 2011 retired in 2017 ????????

Plus i think 2048 and 2082 have hallogen lights right?

Have you noticed that the door open button on the exterior of a U2 have been changed to a Orange light blub but it used to be green

On 1/30/2022 at 12:38 PM, Pantograf said:

I'm pretty sure I've seen 2072 still in service, I'll have to look into that.

But Cpdtb wiki says 2072 is not in service.

Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 5.24.41 PM.png

Regarding 2072, I noticed a post about it by another reputable member on this forum on the 28th of February 2019 noting that it was marked for scrap.....

Probably should keep an eye on it JUST in case, you never know.

Edited by TechSpotlight

46 minutes ago, Duewag U2 said:

Have you noticed that the door open button on the exterior of a U2 have been changed to a Orange light blub but it used to be green

Several SDs have them as well, the shop just ran out of the green LED buttons as replacement parts.

2 hours ago, TechSpotlight said:

Regarding 2072, I noticed a post about it by another reputable member on this forum on the 28th of February 2019 noting that it was marked for scrap.....

Probably should keep an eye on it JUST in case, you never know.

2072 is long gone. 

Here’s a picture of it in April 2019 before it was hauled away and scrapped in May 2019

7E3D7F68-A4C6-498B-82ED-614062609144.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Duewag U2 said:

BTW The Calgary U2s still have the placement bracket for the original mirrors which were removed and replaced in the 1990s But ETS U2 still have older mirrors. But Calgary U2s still have the Bracket even after 30 years

ETS's are not necessarily older. I'd have to look at some slides in my collection to try to narrow down when, but the original mirrors on Edmonton's cars were more of an oval compared to the mirrors that were retrofitted that are a rectangle with rounded corners. They did use the original mount and arm.