CTrain - U2 cars Retirement Watch

LRT

35 minutes ago, Nick B said:

#2071-2048-2021 on the Red Line once again this PM. Should be at Somerset at time of post.

I've got to admit, the trains are getting busier during the rush hours... probably making sure the U2's are ready to handle the infamous crushloads all over again, now that we're seeing them back in force again!

16 hours ago, Nick B said:

#2071-2048-2021 on the Red Line once again this PM. Should be at Somerset at time of post.

Saw one of the consists again from earlier on this morning, and 2071-2048-2021 is indeed back out this morning.  Also is at Somerset at the time of post, but I believe this is where this train goes out of service.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, chills_on_the_train said:

2061-2062-2024 active on Red Line, at Crowfoot right now. 2024 has a door that doesn't want to close.

Edit: Aaaand now I'm on it. This should be fun!

Did you experience any other issues other than the slightly warmer interior? These old shake-'n-bake cans will get increasingly more uncomfortable with the rising temperatures.

3 hours ago, Pantograf said:

Did you experience any other issues other than the slightly warmer interior? These old shake-'n-bake cans will get increasingly more uncomfortable with the rising temperatures.

Nope, both last night and this morning's trips were uneventful, not counting the usual 6:01pm sharp boarding of the requisite drunks.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, TechSpotlight said:

Got a nice surprise on my way home from work this evening, got 2062 on the Red Line.

I’m not sure if call riding on a U2 in the heat a nice surprise - but to each their own. 😆

• Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...